Was I truely lucid? And other copious questions.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SovietMan

Was I truely lucid? And other copious questions.

Postby SovietMan » 28 Apr 2018 14:46

I remember waking up from my alarm I set six hours after sleep. I went back to sleep and- well I should probably preface this. (This will be all over the place.)

A while ago I used a mantra until I fell asleep. I remember using it indefinitely until I fell asleep. I was in a dream. And I’m fairly sure it had some level of lucidity, as it felt very real. I remember it feeling more real, unlike the one I’ll get to. I was in bed facing the same way I had been when I was sleeping. I heard ‘You’re dreaming’ and I felt and heard this HUGE engulfing vibrating noise like your ears are ringing. It sounded like my ears were ringing, but felt like my soul was rattling. And I woke up.
That’s the main part I’m trying to figure out. What is that? It may be a product of my imagination- but it happened last night again. Back to the beginning, I woke up and I used a method where you think about lucid dreaming, what you’re going to do in it, and use a mantra. Then you go back to sleep.
Well my dream consisted of this:
I hear that SAME vibrating junk, and I feel lucid. (Have any of you experienced the vibration stuff, this is weirding me out.)
I stay in bed because I’m a scaredy, but eventually I get out of bed. I do a reality check and sure enough, I can breathe through my nose. The lights don’t work. Heck.jpg. Eventually, I fiddle with them and they turn on or something. My room is completely different.
Completely different poster on the wall, my figured I have on a shelf are 100% changed, color and all. I also remember closing my eyes for a few seconds and it being completely different?? I remember consciously thinking about how my room is weird in lucid dreams, or something to that manner. Either way it didn’t make much sense. Long story short, I go on a whole damn JOURNEY in this dreamscape. Most of it taking place in a hotel I’ve seen in my dreams before. I CONSTANTLY did reality checks, but for some reason it felt like the lucidity was going down.

Now here’s the thing. Was it actually lucid? I can’t tell. Because, I’ve had dreams ABOUT lucid dreams. But not this extreme. Is it possible the whole experience wasn’t lucid. Maybe it was very low lucidity? Hell I don’t know that’s why I’m posting this here.

Here are the variables.
- I can’t vividly remember it like it was real, only like it was a dream I was aware of. (I don’t know if this is normal, I’m very new to lucid dreaming.)

- I had conscience thoughts about the events unfolding. Lots of self commentary, akin to what I do irl obviously.

- The strange ringing.

- I remember slowing starting to lose control and consciousness of the dream

goldenrose

Re: Was I truely lucid? And other copious questions.

Postby goldenrose » 30 Apr 2018 17:19

It sounds like you did go lucid, but due to the length of the dream, it slowly went down and you likely lost lucidity as it went on. That may be why you're questioning the dream as a whole, if your last memories are non-lucid. If you were aware of the dream and had very little or no control, then it's still considered lucid, but perhaps a low lucidity. It does happen, and it happens a lot with beginners. What you mention with the conscious thoughts can still count as lucidity (you know you are dreaming, but can't do anything about it), often referred to as semi-lucidity.

It's normal that you can't remember it all. Even though you're lucid, it's still a dream, and while LDs are typically more memorable, it's common to forget pieces or the memories to feel "fuzzy"(especially if you lost the lucidity towards the end).

As far as the vibrations go, I've experienced similar, and equally do not know what's going on there. It's happened a few times and most of the time I wake up due to instinctual panic; once it happened twice in one night, the second time I woke up into sleep paralysis and had a strange experience after. I wouldn't be concerned; in fact, it may have helped you become lucid. It may be a disconcerting feeling, but cannot hurt you, and is likely a product of imagination, as you said. Has it happened any more since this post?

Anyway, yes, in my opinion you did have a lucid dream, but it faded over time due to length.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 02 May 2018 00:08

SovietMan wrote:I remember waking up from my alarm I set six hours after sleep. I went back to sleep and- well I should probably preface this. (This will be all over the place.)

A while ago I used a mantra until I fell asleep. I remember using it indefinitely until I fell asleep. I was in a dream. And I’m fairly sure it had some level of lucidity, as it felt very real. I remember it feeling more real, unlike the one I’ll get to. I was in bed facing the same way I had been when I was sleeping. I heard ‘You’re dreaming’ and I felt and heard this HUGE engulfing vibrating noise like your ears are ringing. It sounded like my ears were ringing, but felt like my soul was rattling. And I woke up.
That’s the main part I’m trying to figure out. What is that? It may be a product of my imagination- but it happened last night again.

I get this too. Closest thing I heard it called is the vibrational state. Also called the phase, exit vibrations... During this I get auditory signals without there being a "physical" source. I've heard this is where we're between physical and non physical wave lengths so we pick up on non physical wave lengths too.

But for me its been fine and safe. I never been harmed by it and had plenty of them. I just journal them just like I would my dreams and keep on practicing. Sometimes the auditory signals have been very profound. Like one time, I heard a voice say, "I'm going to take you to a place... CALLED SINGAPORE!" and then I was warped up out of my bed into a tunnel made of words.

Back to the beginning, I woke up and I used a method where you think about lucid dreaming, what you’re going to do in it, and use a mantra. Then you go back to sleep.
Well my dream consisted of this:
I hear that SAME vibrating junk, and I feel lucid. (Have any of you experienced the vibration stuff, this is weirding me out.)

Yep. Like I said before I got the vibration stuff. Its kind of surprising to me still at times but then I remember, oh, I know what that means. Sleep is coming soon or I'm almost in a dream etc. I've never been damaged by it, even spiritually.

I stay in bed because I’m a scaredy, but eventually I get out of bed. I do a reality check and sure enough, I can breathe through my nose. The lights don’t work. Heck.jpg. Eventually, I fiddle with them and they turn on or something. My room is completely different.
Completely different poster on the wall, my figured I have on a shelf are 100% changed, color and all. I also remember closing my eyes for a few seconds and it being completely different?? I remember consciously thinking about how my room is weird in lucid dreams, or something to that manner. Either way it didn’t make much sense. Long story short, I go on a whole damn JOURNEY in this dreamscape. Most of it taking place in a hotel I’ve seen in my dreams before. I CONSTANTLY did reality checks, but for some reason it felt like the lucidity was going down.

Now here’s the thing. Was it actually lucid? I can’t tell. Because, I’ve had dreams ABOUT lucid dreams. But not this extreme. Is it possible the whole experience wasn’t lucid. Maybe it was very low lucidity? Hell I don’t know that’s why I’m posting this here.

I usually know if it was an LD... An LD means I am sure I knew it was a dream, during the experience. Like I actively thought, at least once, "Oh, this is a dream!" And... Not an illusion of that thought but I really meant it.

I try not to get caught up in labeling though. LD, OBE, WILD, MILD, DILD, FILD, etc, they are all kinds of labels but really I think it all exists on a continuum.

Here are the variables.
- I can’t vividly remember it like it was real, only like it was a dream I was aware of. (I don’t know if this is normal, I’m very new to lucid dreaming.)

- I had conscience thoughts about the events unfolding. Lots of self commentary, akin to what I do irl obviously.

- The strange ringing.

- I remember slowing starting to lose control and consciousness of the dream

It sounds lucid to me. I am not sure the best way to help because I never went through this. When i had my first LD, I knew for 100% sure it was an LD. I was certain I had experienced lucidity within the dream.

When you have some more experiences like this, see if there are any you are more sure are LD's. That might help put this one in perspective.

Good luck SovietMan! If you have any more questions about anything I said, you are welcome to ask me.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Xiaome

Postby Xiaome » 20 May 2018 09:40

Yes, this is the feeling of flying! Very interesting condition, when the body is very relaxed and tense at the same time

Return to “For Beginners”