Help with WILD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Skytak888

Help with WILD?

Postby Skytak888 » 01 May 2018 21:21

Okay, so I have been trying to have a lucid dream using the WILD technique for a while now but it doesn’t work. Like ever. I have never even seen my hypnagogia. Is there a way to improve this? Am I not relaxed enough? Please someone help......

*Also if I try to look at the back of my eyelids too hard I involutarily open my eyes....,

LDer Charles

Re: Help with WILD?

Postby LDer Charles » 01 May 2018 23:09

Skytak888 wrote:Okay, so I have been trying to have a lucid dream using the WILD technique for a while now but it doesn’t work. Like ever. I have never even seen my hypnagogia. Is there a way to improve this? Am I not relaxed enough? Please someone help......

*Also if I try to look at the back of my eyelids too hard I involutarily open my eyes....,

Hi Skytak888! are you trying it at bed time at the start of the night (9pm or whenever you got to bed)? Or are you doing it after 4.5-6 hours of sleep? That can make a difference.

Have you ever had a DEILD? I think this is an easier form of WILD, similar to the indirect method of OBE vs. the direct method of OBE.

How long have you been LDing/keeping a dream journal for/trying to LD?
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Skytak888

Postby Skytak888 » 02 May 2018 18:17

LDer Charles wrote:
Skytak888 wrote:Okay, so I have been trying to have a lucid dream using the WILD technique for a while now but it doesn’t work. Like ever. I have never even seen my hypnagogia. Is there a way to improve this? Am I not relaxed enough? Please someone help......

Hi Skytak888! are you trying it at bed time at the start of the night (9pm or whenever you got to bed)? Or are you doing it after 4.5-6 hours of sleep? That can make a difference.

Have you ever had a DEILD? I think this is an easier form of WILD, similar to the indirect method of OBE vs. the direct method of OBE.

How long have you been LDing/keeping a dream journal for/trying to LD?

I tried both and the problem is when I do it after some hours of sleep I fall asleep too early :P. When I do it in the evening I don’t fall asleep at all.... I have only had DILD’s and some weird form of WILD/WBTB(see one of my previous posts however I don’t have them anymore) I used to have a dream journal for about 2 Months but I suck at writing so now I only sit on the bed for 5 minutes and just imagine what I would write there......

* I don’t want to wake up my whole family so I don’t really like setting the alarm for 5 hours but I have tried it a few times and it doesn’t work........

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 02 May 2018 23:13

Skytak888 wrote:

I hear ya. Right, alarms. I don't use alarms. My body naturally wakes up a few times a night. For example to use the bathroom. So that's when I do my WBTB stuff. Do you just sleep the whole night? I haven't done that in years.

It sounds like you have a method of dream recall that works for you. As long as you get to practice some dream recall, thats good! It doesn't have to be written, that is just sort of a general way. but it could be anything. I started using a voice recorder or drawing them too. But just thinking about them is also a good way.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)

Skytak888

Postby Skytak888 » 03 May 2018 06:54

LDer Charles wrote:
Skytak888 wrote:

I hear ya. Right, alarms. I don't use alarms. My body naturally wakes up a few times a night. For example to use the bathroom. So that's when I do my WBTB stuff. Do you just sleep the whole night? I haven't done that in years.

It sounds like you have a method of dream recall that works for you. As long as you get to practice some dream recall, thats good! It doesn't have to be written, that is just sort of a general way. but it could be anything. I started using a voice recorder or drawing them too. But just thinking about them is also a good way.

Yeah I usually sleep the whole night throught but sometimes I get like the glimpses of that I woke up but they are all like shattered (I don’t do anything specific, just wake up and go back to sleep) so I don’t know if I woke up at all

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 03 May 2018 21:46

Skytak888 wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:
Skytak888 wrote:Yeah I usually sleep the whole night throught but sometimes I get like the glimpses of that I woke up but they are all like shattered (I don’t do anything specific, just wake up and go back to sleep) so I don’t know if I woke up at all

Gotcha. Well, this guy on dream views explained it alot better than I could but its exactly what I do for natural awakenings.

https://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/164359-wbtb-alarm.html#post2227050

[quote="RelaxandDream (from dreamviews)]
i wanted to answer here much earlier...
the time i experiment with it was also alarm clock plus... worked like a charme after two days i knew how loud and long the alarm had to be to wake up from it.

but i really only can emphasis that i would work with your natural waking. its way way better for recall because an alarm always rips you of the dream. i would work with a mantra like "i notice every wakening i have and remember my dreams" tell you something like this before you fall asleep and it will work after some days. when i work on this i notice between 3 and 5 wakenings each night... with recall of the previous dream and then you can decide if you want to lay still and do deild or to do a short or a long wbtb or whatever.
but in my opinion this is a way more naturally approach to this. and after some time it is second nature and you will notice how you lay around middle of the night and thinking about your last dream before you even notice that you are awake :) [/quote]

Skytak888

Postby Skytak888 » 04 May 2018 22:49

LDer Charles wrote:
Skytak888 wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:
Gotcha. Well, this guy on dream views explained it alot better than I could but its exactly what I do for natural awakenings.

https://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/164359-wbtb-alarm.html#post2227050

[quote="RelaxandDream (from dreamviews)]
i wanted to answer here much earlier...
the time i experiment with it was also alarm clock plus... worked like a charme after two days i knew how loud and long the alarm had to be to wake up from it.

but i really only can emphasis that i would work with your natural waking. its way way better for recall because an alarm always rips you of the dream. i would work with a mantra like "i notice every wakening i have and remember my dreams" tell you something like this before you fall asleep and it will work after some days. when i work on this i notice between 3 and 5 wakenings each night... with recall of the previous dream and then you can decide if you want to lay still and do deild or to do a short or a long wbtb or whatever.
but in my opinion this is a way more naturally approach to this. and after some time it is second nature and you will notice how you lay around middle of the night and thinking about your last dream before you even notice that you are awake :) [/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”