SSILD cycles while sitting ? / Falling asleep too early

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Anonyme71

SSILD cycles while sitting ? / Falling asleep too early

Postby Anonyme71 » 03 May 2018 06:08

I'm trying SSILD but just like FILD, I fall asleep too early (I 'm starting to think I'm a too heavy sleeper for be able to lucid dream). Could do the cycle of SSILD while sitting on my bed instead of just lying down, solve the problem ? Should I stay awake for a longer time before to back to sleep ? Thanks

LDer Charles

Re: SSILD cycles while sitting ? / Falling asleep too early

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 02:49

Anonyme71 wrote:I'm trying SSILD but just like FILD, I fall asleep too early (I 'm starting to think I'm a too heavy sleeper for be able to lucid dream). Could do the cycle of SSILD while sitting on my bed instead of just lying down, solve the problem ? Should I stay awake for a longer time before to back to sleep ? Thanks

Hi Anonyme71! From what I've heard some people are heavier sleepers. I'm a light sleeper so I need the shortest WBTB possible etc. But for heavier sleepers it might help to have a little more "wakefulness" during WBTB and techniques. So yeah sitting up might be worth a try. Hopefully some more heavy-sleeper-type-LD'ers will chime in here.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”