GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!! (Update!)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!! (Update!)

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 10:07

Guuuys I did it. I decided sleep for 5 hours with a wrestling practice and weights tomorrow isn’t as important as getting this down now. But yes. I did do it. I had my first lucid dream. Is it crazy long and cool. No. Am I proud of it though. Fuuuck yeah. Alright lol I’m rambling here’s my journal of it.

It finally happened! I’m yesss. So I was at my dads oldest house his first house we ever bought as a family and I was coming out of the sliding glass door and to my left it was amazing I saw my puggle (beagle pug mix whom I miss dearly) Kenzie walk up to me on a table and instantly idk why but I just thought reality check and I did it but I was so focused on my dog because I was suspect of lucidity but I wasn’t sure until I felt my hand pass through. Now I actually realized I was dreaming and upon looking on it further I was only lucid for maybe 15 seconds. So then everything starts to spin and get blurry and suprisingly I stabilized it I just told myself to calm down and I rubbed my hands together. I moved slightly to the right facing the house curled up a little and started rubbing them together and yelled clarity. Then even though I wasn’t seeing it get clearer I was so I don’t know if my eyes were shut or not. Ok so dream stabilized and I don’t want to go crazy so I kinda keep it chill I start to actually walk I look at the neighbor mowing his lawn straight ahead (he has a short fence) and wave he waves back. Then I turn right and take maybe a step or two and think I’m gonna try to fly. Which is actually interesting given while cool that’s never been a really big interest of mine for lucid dreaming. So I jump and it feels like I a normal jump (it wasn’t) so I’m going up (I also think that this is where my lucidity really began to fade as well)anyways, going up and then for some reason I doubt it even for that milisecond so I then come down in a weird way. So at first it was like I was dropping slowly and elegantly then it was just plop and i fell like a normal jump for the rest maybe 2-4 feet. So then by now I don’t know why I didn’t keep my lucidity longer but I didn’t and honestly I could care less but here it’s really fading my lucidity is very very thin. It’s like I know I’m there but I don’t control it anymore. And yet I do control it... So now I’m on the ground I spin 180 degrees and walk the rest the way to the end of the deck and a guy I honestly don’t even know, aside from wrestling practice, is mowing straight ahead or to my original left after coming out. So I go ahead and I wave back and by now I’m completely gone, maybe, I’m not sure out of ten I’d say like .5 lucidity. AAAAAAAAAAAND now the dream mind takes over and I teleport to outside my fence and this lady (it starts getting foggy here my lucidity is verrrrry clear though) is there and she wants the kids to run but they aren’t doing it right which I don’t remember this entirely so I’ll skim. So I go over to the track like place that’s freshly paved and I start pointing this kids in the right direction which is just staying on the road lol. At this point I wake up.Also please don’t get mad at me but upon further inspection everyone in the dream except one runner kid who had red hair was black in the dream. Please don’t say I’m racist it’s not fascism simply fact and only there because it is helpful in seeing the dream as it was.

One thing I’ve learned here as well is how important dream recall is. They always say you can forget your dreams and I always thought no because at the end I’ll just wake myself up... :roll: I was wrong. Not that easy and it’s not easy to explain either but I do know things I should work on which brings me to my next point.

Please critique this entire dream. I’ve never seen this elsewhere but it really helps to critique your dream self. So what I mean is for example even though I was lucid I still never realized that the deck wasn’t the proper shape. I never noticed there was no beware of dog sign (at the moment we had a German Shepard) I never saw my puggle again but what I would do to see her.

Overall I just want to say thanks to everyone here who kept me pushing especially to the people from my motivation thread. I’ve spent two months constantly working towards this and even for 15 seconds I will take it. It’s like that coach that you constantly work hard so he’ll notice you but he never notices anyone and he says good job to you and it’s as if he just told you you’re now a 28 time ncaa stat champ because he never says good job. That is a rough equivalent of this I’ve worked and worked and worked and that work has gotten no recognition (in form of lucidity or close to lucidity) and now I finally got the 15 second good job which hopefully leads to me being a world champion. At least if we’re back on the lines of ncaa stuff. Idk there’s so much to say but I’m tired and just well I don’t even know. Buuut what I do want to say, is for all you lucid dreamers who haven’t had your first I know it’s hard I know it seems like time wasted, I know what it feel like to have really bad recall, I know how hard it is to remember your reality checks, I had to do that every day for 2 and a half months to get my first dream. You will likely require less. My point is doooo not give up. It’s so amazing when it happens and if you give up you’re missing out on such an incredible experience you will look back and possibly regret some day. Just trust me I know how hard it is better than most people who get it within 21 days it took me 3 month long sessions I guess you could say and one 2 almost three long session to get my first and damn it was hard. But I did it. Thanks to all you who read this it means a lot. If you have a struggling buddy send him my way. I’m not a crazy good dreamer but I definitely can provide why they should keep going etc cause that’s everything I thought for the past month. And if you made it to the actual end tell me what you think. Please comment it will make my night. :D :lol: 8-) :D :) :lol:

Edit: it has also occurred to me. This is how people get no sleep. Like how the hell you expect me to sleep now after having my first dream... 5:10 a.m. gotta love it.


2nd LUCID DREAM!
if you’ve been following my lucid journey at all you know I’ve take a break from lucid dreaming, but I got a lucid dream last night which was amazing.

I had my second lucid dream. So cool.

I didn’t do really anything though. I missed my bus for something in the dream so I decided to chase it at first I was just hanging off the back but I thought I could make it to he front of the bus in time for the driver to see my but the accelerated and I got left behind so I tried to take a shortcut but I still missed it. Eventually as it was about to leave the parking lot it turned into a truck and in my dream I thought like buses aren’t trucks and then I became lucid. From there I forgot a reality check and my lucidity would fade in and out blurry clear blurry clear. I was also saying in my head that whole time this is a dream this is a dream this is a dream. But strangely where I messed up is I sat down in order to calm myself down but since I have no memory after that I’m assuming I lost it which is unexpected.
Last edited by Beginningdream on 15 Jun 2018 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 151
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby LucidCat » 03 May 2018 19:29

Yay!!! Congratulations! For a first lucid dream that was quite rad. You didn't wake up, you prolongued your lucidity by stablizing the dream - well done!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 20:22

LucidCat wrote:Yay!!! Congratulations! For a first lucid dream that was quite rad. You didn't wake up, you prolongued your lucidity by stablizing the dream - well done!

Yeah but that doesn’t mean it was very long it was probably 15-30 seconds and it also really cool cause all the stuff you read instantly makes sense. For example how dream recall works I always thought I’ll just wake myself up from the dream but it’s still dreamlike and idk I just know that i could forget it if I didn’t have recall. It also now makes sense how realistic time was it was 15-30 second and I’m confident in that, the time was realistic, idk it was just an insane experience and I want more. Here’s the funny thing too, I stayed up until midnight after getting into an argument with my aunt (it wasn’t on me she was not being “nice”) and ended up staying up and getting upset and I almost wonder if that had anything to do with it. I also struggle from anxiety occasionally and whenever I wear my weighted blanket my dream recall is little to-none so idk. Kinda got off there but it’s crazy how much of the research I’ve been doing for months has now clicked into place and I really understand it.

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 20:24

LucidCat wrote:Yay!!! Congratulations! For a first lucid dream that was quite rad. You didn't wake up, you prolongued your lucidity by stablizing the dream - well done!

Also just out of curiosity while I was lucid for sure I do think it was a low lvl of lucidity, I was there but not entirely. In other words it was still pretty dream like as I said earlier will I ever reach the consciousness and clear thoughts as if I’m actually awake or is it always a lower lvl of consciousness?

Edit: I keep thinking of more things I know how to describe what the dream felt like. Morning routine. When you wake up and you’re not quite awake but you go to the bathroom do all your stuff yet it’s routine and your almost doing it unconsciously, it’s just what you do you know? That’s how it felt. I was there, I was awake but 5 seconds or so after my reality check I’d say I was at the “morning routine” stage.

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 296
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 02:17

Beginningdream wrote:Guuuys I did it. I decided sleep for 5 hours with a wrestling practice and weights tomorrow isn’t as important as getting this down now. But yes. I did do it. I had my first lucid dream. Is it crazy long and cool. No. Am I proud of it though. Fuuuck yeah. Alright lol I’m rambling here’s my journal of it.

It finally happened! I’m yesss. So I was at my dads oldest house his first house we ever bought as a family and I was coming out of the sliding glass door and to my left it was amazing I saw my puggle (beagle pug mix whom I miss dearly) Kenzie walk up to me on a table and instantly idk why but I just thought reality check and I did it but I was so focused on my dog because I was suspect of lucidity but I wasn’t sure until I felt my hand pass through. Now I actually realized I was dreaming and upon looking on it further I was only lucid for maybe 15 seconds. So then everything starts to spin and get blurry and suprisingly I stabilized it I just told myself to calm down and I rubbed my hands together. I moved slightly to the right facing the house curled up a little and started rubbing them together and yelled clarity. Then even though I wasn’t seeing it get clearer I was so I don’t know if my eyes were shut or not. Ok so dream stabilized and I don’t want to go crazy so I kinda keep it chill I start to actually walk I look at the neighbor mowing his lawn straight ahead (he has a short fence) and wave he waves back. Then I turn right and take maybe a step or two and think I’m gonna try to fly. Which is actually interesting given while cool that’s never been a really big interest of mine for lucid dreaming. So I jump and it feels like I a normal jump (it wasn’t) so I’m going up (I also think that this is where my lucidity really began to fade as well)anyways, going up and then for some reason I doubt it even for that milisecond so I then come down in a weird way. So at first it was like I was dropping slowly and elegantly then it was just plop and i fell like a normal jump for the rest maybe 2-4 feet. So then by now I don’t know why I didn’t keep my lucidity longer but I didn’t and honestly I could care less but here it’s really fading my lucidity is very very thin. It’s like I know I’m there but I don’t control it anymore. And yet I do control it... So now I’m on the ground I spin 180 degrees and walk the rest the way to the end of the deck and a guy I honestly don’t even know, aside from wrestling practice, is mowing straight ahead or to my original left after coming out. So I go ahead and I wave back and by now I’m completely gone, maybe, I’m not sure out of ten I’d say like .5 lucidity. AAAAAAAAAAAND now the dream mind takes over and I teleport to outside my fence and this lady (it starts getting foggy here my lucidity is verrrrry clear though) is there and she wants the kids to run but they aren’t doing it right which I don’t remember this entirely so I’ll skim. So I go over to the track like place that’s freshly paved and I start pointing this kids in the right direction which is just staying on the road lol. At this point I wake up.Also please don’t get mad at me but upon further inspection everyone in the dream except one runner kid who had red hair was black in the dream. Please don’t say I’m racist it’s not fascism simply fact and only there because it is helpful in seeing the dream as it was.

One thing I’ve learned here as well is how important dream recall is. They always say you can forget your dreams and I always thought no because at the end I’ll just wake myself up... :roll: I was wrong. Not that easy and it’s not easy to explain either but I do know things I should work on which brings me to my next point.

Please critique this entire dream. I’ve never seen this elsewhere but it really helps to critique your dream self. So what I mean is for example even though I was lucid I still never realized that the deck wasn’t the proper shape. I never noticed there was no beware of dog sign (at the moment we had a German Shepard) I never saw my puggle again but what I would do to see her.

Overall I just want to say thanks to everyone here who kept me pushing especially to the people from my motivation thread. I’ve spent two months constantly working towards this and even for 15 seconds I will take it. It’s like that coach that you constantly work hard so he’ll notice you but he never notices anyone and he says good job to you and it’s as if he just told you you’re now a 28 time ncaa stat champ because he never says good job. That is a rough equivalent of this I’ve worked and worked and worked and that work has gotten no recognition (in form of lucidity or close to lucidity) and now I finally got the 15 second good job which hopefully leads to me being a world champion. At least if we’re back on the lines of ncaa stuff. Idk there’s so much to say but I’m tired and just well I don’t even know. Buuut what I do want to say, is for all you lucid dreamers who haven’t had your first I know it’s hard I know it seems like time wasted, I know what it feel like to have really bad recall, I know how hard it is to remember your reality checks, I had to do that every day for 2 and a half months to get my first dream. You will likely require less. My point is doooo not give up. It’s so amazing when it happens and if you give up you’re missing out on such an incredible experience you will look back and possibly regret some day. Just trust me I know how hard it is better than most people who get it within 21 days it took me 3 month long sessions I guess you could say and one 2 almost three long session to get my first and damn it was hard. But I did it. Thanks to all you who read this it means a lot. If you have a struggling buddy send him my way. I’m not a crazy good dreamer but I definitely can provide why they should keep going etc cause that’s everything I thought for the past month. And if you made it to the actual end tell me what you think. Please comment it will make my night. :D :lol: 8-) :D :) :lol:

Edit: it has also occurred to me. This is how people get no sleep. Like how the hell you expect me to sleep now after having my first dream... 5:10 a.m. gotta love it.

Hi beginningdream! I just noticed this thread. Good job. I'm glad you stuck with it and got to your first LD :)

Looks like your recall was very thorough. And you caught that moment of your hand doing through your dog (I think?) and that was what triggered it. So that's great.

Definitely a good move to write it ASAP. I always try to record my dreams ASAP because I don't want anything to slip away :)

Also remembering to rub your hands and try flying were all good things and showed you've been preparing a lot.

Well now that you know what being lucid in a dream actually feels like, you will probably start to get some momentum, and have more of them. Try to think of the feeling (they call it "lucid euphoria") because it can help "attract" more LD's.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby Beginningdream » 06 May 2018 04:41

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:Guuuys I did it. I decided sleep for 5 hours with a wrestling practice and weights tomorrow isn’t as important as getting this down now. But yes. I did do it. I had my first lucid dream. Is it crazy long and cool. No. Am I proud of it though. Fuuuck yeah. Alright lol I’m rambling here’s my journal of it.

It finally happened! I’m yesss. So I was at my dads oldest house his first house we ever bought as a family and I was coming out of the sliding glass door and to my left it was amazing I saw my puggle (beagle pug mix whom I miss dearly) Kenzie walk up to me on a table and instantly idk why but I just thought reality check and I did it but I was so focused on my dog because I was suspect of lucidity but I wasn’t sure until I felt my hand pass through. Now I actually realized I was dreaming and upon looking on it further I was only lucid for maybe 15 seconds. So then everything starts to spin and get blurry and suprisingly I stabilized it I just told myself to calm down and I rubbed my hands together. I moved slightly to the right facing the house curled up a little and started rubbing them together and yelled clarity. Then even though I wasn’t seeing it get clearer I was so I don’t know if my eyes were shut or not. Ok so dream stabilized and I don’t want to go crazy so I kinda keep it chill I start to actually walk I look at the neighbor mowing his lawn straight ahead (he has a short fence) and wave he waves back. Then I turn right and take maybe a step or two and think I’m gonna try to fly. Which is actually interesting given while cool that’s never been a really big interest of mine for lucid dreaming. So I jump and it feels like I a normal jump (it wasn’t) so I’m going up (I also think that this is where my lucidity really began to fade as well)anyways, going up and then for some reason I doubt it even for that milisecond so I then come down in a weird way. So at first it was like I was dropping slowly and elegantly then it was just plop and i fell like a normal jump for the rest maybe 2-4 feet. So then by now I don’t know why I didn’t keep my lucidity longer but I didn’t and honestly I could care less but here it’s really fading my lucidity is very very thin. It’s like I know I’m there but I don’t control it anymore. And yet I do control it... So now I’m on the ground I spin 180 degrees and walk the rest the way to the end of the deck and a guy I honestly don’t even know, aside from wrestling practice, is mowing straight ahead or to my original left after coming out. So I go ahead and I wave back and by now I’m completely gone, maybe, I’m not sure out of ten I’d say like .5 lucidity. AAAAAAAAAAAND now the dream mind takes over and I teleport to outside my fence and this lady (it starts getting foggy here my lucidity is verrrrry clear though) is there and she wants the kids to run but they aren’t doing it right which I don’t remember this entirely so I’ll skim. So I go over to the track like place that’s freshly paved and I start pointing this kids in the right direction which is just staying on the road lol. At this point I wake up.Also please don’t get mad at me but upon further inspection everyone in the dream except one runner kid who had red hair was black in the dream. Please don’t say I’m racist it’s not fascism simply fact and only there because it is helpful in seeing the dream as it was.

One thing I’ve learned here as well is how important dream recall is. They always say you can forget your dreams and I always thought no because at the end I’ll just wake myself up... :roll: I was wrong. Not that easy and it’s not easy to explain either but I do know things I should work on which brings me to my next point.

Please critique this entire dream. I’ve never seen this elsewhere but it really helps to critique your dream self. So what I mean is for example even though I was lucid I still never realized that the deck wasn’t the proper shape. I never noticed there was no beware of dog sign (at the moment we had a German Shepard) I never saw my puggle again but what I would do to see her.

Overall I just want to say thanks to everyone here who kept me pushing especially to the people from my motivation thread. I’ve spent two months constantly working towards this and even for 15 seconds I will take it. It’s like that coach that you constantly work hard so he’ll notice you but he never notices anyone and he says good job to you and it’s as if he just told you you’re now a 28 time ncaa stat champ because he never says good job. That is a rough equivalent of this I’ve worked and worked and worked and that work has gotten no recognition (in form of lucidity or close to lucidity) and now I finally got the 15 second good job which hopefully leads to me being a world champion. At least if we’re back on the lines of ncaa stuff. Idk there’s so much to say but I’m tired and just well I don’t even know. Buuut what I do want to say, is for all you lucid dreamers who haven’t had your first I know it’s hard I know it seems like time wasted, I know what it feel like to have really bad recall, I know how hard it is to remember your reality checks, I had to do that every day for 2 and a half months to get my first dream. You will likely require less. My point is doooo not give up. It’s so amazing when it happens and if you give up you’re missing out on such an incredible experience you will look back and possibly regret some day. Just trust me I know how hard it is better than most people who get it within 21 days it took me 3 month long sessions I guess you could say and one 2 almost three long session to get my first and damn it was hard. But I did it. Thanks to all you who read this it means a lot. If you have a struggling buddy send him my way. I’m not a crazy good dreamer but I definitely can provide why they should keep going etc cause that’s everything I thought for the past month. And if you made it to the actual end tell me what you think. Please comment it will make my night. :D :lol: 8-) :D :) :lol:

Edit: it has also occurred to me. This is how people get no sleep. Like how the hell you expect me to sleep now after having my first dream... 5:10 a.m. gotta love it.

Hi beginningdream! I just noticed this thread. Good job. I'm glad you stuck with it and got to your first LD :)

Looks like your recall was very thorough. And you caught that moment of your hand doing through your dog (I think?) and that was what triggered it. So that's great.

Definitely a good move to write it ASAP. I always try to record my dreams ASAP because I don't want anything to slip away :)

Also remembering to rub your hands and try flying were all good things and showed you've been preparing a lot.

Well now that you know what being lucid in a dream actually feels like, you will probably start to get some momentum, and have more of them. Try to think of the feeling (they call it "lucid euphoria") because it can help "attract" more LD's.


Awesome! Thank you but do you think it will take long for me to have my next dream?

User avatar
CatDreamer22
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Feb 2018 05:08
Location: Texas

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby CatDreamer22 » 06 May 2018 05:44

Great job and congratulations on your first lucid dream! It took me 3 months to have my first, so you're definitely not alone. I struggled just as bad as you did, maybe even worse. But I learned that if you stick with it, it WILL happen one day. Even if it takes forever.

And yes, I think you will have your next lucid dream before long. As time goes by, the more lucid dreams you get, the easier it becomes to induce them. 90% of my lucid dreams are WILDs now, and I finally found an easy method for inducing them. Maybe you'll find or make an easy technique or method for you to use like I did.

We're both on the same road. I promise you, if you keep on practicing and working hard, you will surely become an expert someday! :)

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby Beginningdream » 06 May 2018 12:54

CatDreamer22 wrote:Great job and congratulations on your first lucid dream! It took me 3 months to have my first, so you're definitely not alone. I struggled just as bad as you did, maybe even worse. But I learned that if you stick with it, it WILL happen one day. Even if it takes forever.

And yes, I think you will have your next lucid dream before long. As time goes by, the more lucid dreams you get, the easier it becomes to induce them. 90% of my lucid dreams are WILDs now, and I finally found an easy method for inducing them. Maybe you'll find or make an easy technique or method for you to use like I did.

We're both on the same road. I promise you, if you keep on practicing and working hard, you will surely become an expert someday! :)

Thanks I hope so two and may I ask roughly how long did it take for your next lucid dream?

User avatar
CatDreamer22
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Feb 2018 05:08
Location: Texas

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby CatDreamer22 » 06 May 2018 17:42

It took me some time to have my second, about a month later. Mostly because I was focused on other things instead of lucid dreaming. After my second however, they started happening a lot more frequently.

So yeah, it depends on how hard you work and how badly you want it. The more motivated you are, the higher your chances will be.

And it may be much different for you. You may have another lucid dream tonight! Who knows? ;)

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 296
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: GUUUUUUYS I DID IT!!!!!

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 23:32

Beginningdream wrote:
Awesome! Thank you but do you think it will take long for me to have my next dream?


I don't know how long it will take to have another, or another after that, etc. I agree with CatDreamer22. Just keep doing all the practices you do each day and it will continue working, increasing in frequency over time. Your dream recall will keep improving. And your lucidity rate will keep improving. If you look at it as a "long-haul" or "lifestyle" thing then that might help. But you probably have alot of anticipation about the next LD. I remember that feeling. Now I'm pretty content with my dream life I have to say. So eventually you'll be happy with your dream life too :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests