I need to know what this dream could be trying to tell me.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
punkyme83

I need to know what this dream could be trying to tell me.

Postby punkyme83 » 05 May 2018 03:44

I've been having a lot of crazy dreams lately. Well I have a boyfriend. We are in our 30s. I love him so much. We got close over the course of 4 months and formed a very strong emotional connection before we even met in person. Well we've been together almost one year. One year June 8th. He is definitely the one. And we talk about our future a lot. Also we both agree we don't want kids. I had a dream and we were at this place. I was laying with him on a blanket. It felt like we were camping or something outisde. A guy was there with us I had a feeling it was like his dad. And my bf said something about I didn't realize how important it was for me to keep the family name going to his dad or I assumed it was his dad. And I got the feeling he meant he would want me to have a kid to keep the last name going. Well then I see these other people a bunch of women. I get the feeling they are my boyfriends family. They don't like me. One woman and I have a few issues. Then when they are going to leave I tell them all goodnight. And they say oh she told us goodnight. Almost like they couldn't believe I told them goodnight like that was a kind gesture. Then one lady comes down and hugs me and says Goodnight to me back and I felt happy. Then I go up the steps after they leave. And go to some other rooms. Then I come back and when I come back my boyfriend is gone. And I'm scared. It's not like scared because I don't know where he's at type of feeling. It's like scared because I'm in that place alone now. So I start calling his name out like yelling for him over and over. And it almost feels so real. That when I woke up I thought maybe I actually called his name out in my sleep. We'll then in the dream after calling his name out. I see this water down below me. And I hear this dog barking it sounds vicious. And I automatically think oh god the dog is attacking my boyfriend. But I cant see anything but I feel afraid. Then all of the sudden this dog head it looks like a Golden Retriever comes flying up out of the water. But it looks transparent. But it's vicious and mean. And it flys right up in my face like it's coming to my face to attack me. So I have this smaller dog in my hands and I put it up to block the transparent golden retriever head from hurting me. But I felt a lot of fear when it was coming at me. Then I woke up feeling afraid. And waited a bit to go back to sleep. Any ideas on what this dream could be trying to tell me if anything?

LucidCat

Re: I need to know what this dream could be trying to tell me.

Postby LucidCat » 05 May 2018 17:34

Personally, I consider dreams as projections of current personal situations and emotions, mixed up with processing daily experiences and bringing up memory snippets from the past. Every emotion, thought and expectation causes a change reaction in the dream scene. Dream analysis is a very personal thing... but from reading your dream I get the following thoughts:

You're one year into this relationship, so it's relatively fresh, but serious. You two are planning your future. What happens there with his dad and relatives may be a projection of some concerns you have about them - like: "Will they approve of me?" "Will they like me?" "Are they going to accept our relationship and our plans?"
Your boyfriend's dissapearance there caused you to be scared (which is natural, because you'd react the same in real life) and your dream reacted by translating your fear into this threatening dog. You might have a subliminal fear of losing him. Not that there actually is a reason for that, but well, when we love somebody the fear of loss may always be there in the background.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

punkyme83

Re: I need to know what this dream could be trying to tell me.

Postby punkyme83 » 06 May 2018 23:21

I do have a fear of losing him homestly. I mean I know he's the one and says I am also. But I'm so afraid even though he says he's not going any where. I have this fear one day he might leave me. But now the dream sort of makes more sense in the way you put it.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”