Most confusing dream of my life

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CatDreamer22

Most confusing dream of my life

Postby CatDreamer22 » 05 May 2018 05:10

Last night, I had the most unusual false awakening in my entire life. I don't know if this counts as a lucid dream or what, I just don't understand it.

So, my dream started with me in my bed performing FILD and it working. I enter a "lucid dream" and try to do something but just wake up from it. I do that same thing a few more times and then get stuck in another strange dream inside a dream. I perform multiple techniques and keep on waking myself up from the lucid dream. On my last lucid dream, I wake up from it and then realize that It's 4:00 and I slept through the whole day missing school. I leave and go walking out at night to a holiday party at a ranch. at the holiday party, (which is also a strange technology convention) lots of my family is there and a guy is talking on a stage. Lots of people there are talking about Avengers Infinity Wars. Then, later that night once I try to perform a technique, but surpirse, doing the technique makes me WAKE UP AGAIN. Then I am once again in my bed at night. I look out the window and see a tractor. I do a reality check and stabilization then I try to jump out the window. THEN I wake up into actual real life, WHERE REALITY IS REALITY AND NOTHING IS STRANGE.

Should I count this as my 7th lucid dream or not? Because in some parts of the large series of false awakenings, I was barely lucid, but I don't know if it counts. Any thoughts on this? This was the most confusing night of my life. It's way too difficult to record it in my dream journal because I can barely even remember the order in which it all happened. And I'm not even sure I wrote this down right. I'm probably missing a ton of details I forgot but I don't know it.

LosFreakos

Re: Most confusing dream of my life

Postby LosFreakos » 05 May 2018 10:09

Wow, you're not kidding, that's really confusing. I think the best way to visualize it would be a sort of level system. If the order of your dreams is correct, then it would be like this:

So, my dream started with me in my bed performing FILD and it working. I enter a "lucid dream" and try to do something but just wake up from it. I do that same thing a few more times

Your dream starts in your Bed, that's basically level 1. Your FILD works and you enter the next level, level 2. You try to do something but then wake up from it, hence you're going back to 1. Then, because you do that several times, you are skipping between levels 1 and 2, back and forth. 1,2,1,2,1,2.

and then get stuck in another strange dream inside a dream. I perform multiple techniques and keep on waking myself up from the lucid dream

So, you get stuck on level 2. Now it's getting tricky. Do you enter another dream because of your techniques (which would mean you're switching between levels 2 and 3) or do you wake up from performing them (which would mean we're back between levels 1 and 2)? I think there's no real way to tell, maybe you know it. Let's just go with the latter since that makes more sense later on.

On my last lucid dream, I wake up from it and then realize that It's 4:00 and I slept through the whole day missing school. I leave and go walking out at night to a holiday party at a ranch. at the holiday party, (which is also a strange technology convention) lots of my family is there and a guy is talking on a stage. Lots of people there are talking about Avengers Infinity Wars. Then, later that night once I try to perform a technique, but surpirse, doing the technique makes me WAKE UP AGAIN.

I guess that means we're back on level 2 and this is where the story part begins. Slept through school, holiday party, Infinity Wars and so on. Trying another technique wakes you up, leading us back to level 1.

Then I am once again in my bed at night. I look out the window and see a tractor. I do a reality check and stabilization then I try to jump out the window.

Back on level 1, you do a reality check and stabilization (this should definitely count as a lucid dream. Although it didn't last too long, you still figured it out, right? :P ), and then...

THEN I wake up into actual real life, WHERE REALITY IS REALITY AND NOTHING IS STRANGE.

First of all: That's a bold statement right there. I wouldn't say that nothing is strange in real life. :D
Anyway, this is where you go to level 0, the level we call "real life". Welcome back!

Yeah... geez, that's very interesting. It must feel more than just strange. I mean, I don't know. I can't judge it since I actually never had a false awakening in my life, but if I had something like this, my feelings would be very mixed about it, probably mostly confused just like you.
Are you sure you're not dreaming right now? :P

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 05 May 2018 14:41

So, you get stuck on level 2. Now it's getting tricky. Do you enter another dream because of your techniques (which would mean you're switching between levels 2 and 3) or do you wake up from performing them (which would mean we're back between levels 1 and 2)? I think there's no real way to tell, maybe you know it. Let's just go with the latter since that makes more sense later on.

Yes, I do enter level 2 and then level 3, which is how I remember it.

And yeah, this was my first false awakening I can remember, so I now know what it's like.

Also, when I mean "strange," I mean nothing is over the top crazy in real life.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 02:31

CatDreamer22 wrote:Last night, I had the most unusual false awakening in my entire life. I don't know if this counts as a lucid dream or what, I just don't understand it.

So, my dream started with me in my bed performing FILD and it working. I enter a "lucid dream" and try to do something but just wake up from it. I do that same thing a few more times and then get stuck in another strange dream inside a dream. I perform multiple techniques and keep on waking myself up from the lucid dream. On my last lucid dream, I wake up from it and then realize that It's 4:00 and I slept through the whole day missing school. I leave and go walking out at night to a holiday party at a ranch. at the holiday party, (which is also a strange technology convention) lots of my family is there and a guy is talking on a stage. Lots of people there are talking about Avengers Infinity Wars. Then, later that night once I try to perform a technique, but surpirse, doing the technique makes me WAKE UP AGAIN. Then I am once again in my bed at night. I look out the window and see a tractor. I do a reality check and stabilization then I try to jump out the window. THEN I wake up into actual real life, WHERE REALITY IS REALITY AND NOTHING IS STRANGE.

Should I count this as my 7th lucid dream or not? Because in some parts of the large series of false awakenings, I was barely lucid, but I don't know if it counts. Any thoughts on this? This was the most confusing night of my life. It's way too difficult to record it in my dream journal because I can barely even remember the order in which it all happened. And I'm not even sure I wrote this down right. I'm probably missing a ton of details I forgot but I don't know it.

Wow! That was definitely an interesting one to read. I have had a few false awakening chains and its an interesting experience.

Well I think you definitely get an LD for it. It looks like due to it changing up so much, you lost lucidity a few times, gained it back, then when the next false awakening came, forgot, gained it back, etc. The way I count LD's I'd give myself one LD for the whole thing but some people might count each false awakening as a separate dream. So then each time you got lucid in a separate false awakening gets you an LD for each. So that's up to you!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 06 May 2018 05:48

I think I'm just gonna count it as 1 LD.

That's now 7! 3 more until my 10th lucid dream!

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 08 May 2018 23:09

CatDreamer22 wrote:I think I'm just gonna count it as 1 LD.

That's now 7! 3 more until my 10th lucid dream!

Thats how I count them. Just one LD... I feel like it would be weird because if I counted them all separate I could have 5-10 LD's in one night but I felt better counting one dream chain all as one LD.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”