WILD help

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SovietMan

WILD help

Postby SovietMan » 05 May 2018 23:23

I’m very new to lucid dreaming, but I’d like to see if I can get wild down even though it’s not very beginner friendly. I have a few questions about it. Does it need to be in a REM cycle? And lots of other questions. Allow me to go more in-depth
I tried WILD in which I skipped the sleep paralysis step (maybe this is why I failed so much,) and you don’t set an alarm you just try it when you’re going to bed. Again, maybe this is why it failed.
I sat in my bed with my eyes closed for close to 30 minutes and I saw no vivid imagery. I did see the colors and geometry but no scenes or anything.
I kept falling into ‘mini dreams’ (self coined,) which I’m pretty sure is called hypnogogia?
When I fall into this, it’s basically a dream but I wake up quick and obviously hear auditory hallucinations. I can’t see why this is part of wild because you have no control over them, and you’re not really seeing them you’re more so falling into the ‘hypnogogic dreams.’
As well as, how vivid should the imagery appear? As far as I’ve read, when you’re doig WILD you’re supposed to start visualizing scenes and then when they get more real, you can use your senses and try to immerse yourself and eventually enter the dream. I can’t imagine what this would be like, it would be great if anyone can give me tips and answers on my issues. Thanks.

LDer Charles

Re: WILD help

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 02:06

SovietMan wrote:I’m very new to lucid dreaming, but I’d like to see if I can get wild down even though it’s not very beginner friendly. I have a few questions about it. Does it need to be in a REM cycle? And lots of other questions. Allow me to go more in-depth
I tried WILD in which I skipped the sleep paralysis step (maybe this is why I failed so much,) and you don’t set an alarm you just try it when you’re going to bed. Again, maybe this is why it failed.
I sat in my bed with my eyes closed for close to 30 minutes and I saw no vivid imagery. I did see the colors and geometry but no scenes or anything.
I kept falling into ‘mini dreams’ (self coined,) which I’m pretty sure is called hypnogogia?
When I fall into this, it’s basically a dream but I wake up quick and obviously hear auditory hallucinations. I can’t see why this is part of wild because you have no control over them, and you’re not really seeing them you’re more so falling into the ‘hypnogogic dreams.’
As well as, how vivid should the imagery appear? As far as I’ve read, when you’re doig WILD you’re supposed to start visualizing scenes and then when they get more real, you can use your senses and try to immerse yourself and eventually enter the dream. I can’t imagine what this would be like, it would be great if anyone can give me tips and answers on my issues. Thanks.

Hi SovietMan! Here are my thoughts on some things you mentioned.

1) I think its possible to WILD right at the beginning of the night but less likely. It would probably help to have already slept 4-6 hours and then go for it after a short or long WBTB. I do these WBTB's without an alarm using natural wake ups.

2) I get the mini dreams too. I usually see them as a sign that I'm on the right track... Just stay still and try to relax. Eventually there will be a "mini dream" that I could pull myself into.

To help with WILD and other LD methods you might want to start noticing "micro awakenings". Usually after 4-6 hours of sleep I wake up at the end of my REM cycles. I use these times to record some dream notes before falling back to sleep. It has helped me get a lot of LD's whether they have been WILD (only a few), DEILD (a lot), DILD (a lot), SSILD (some), WBTB (a lot) and maybe other types.

All you have to do to get "micro awakenings" is set an intention to notice them. I have heard everyone has micro awakenings but just not everyone notices. So to start noticing them people sometimes approach this with setting an intention like, "I will notice brief awakenings throughout the night."
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”