Prolonging a Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
RedKryptonite

Prolonging a Lucid Dream

Postby RedKryptonite » 06 May 2018 07:49

Its been awhile since I last posted one of my lucid dreams here. I'm sharing this as I believe its a good demonstration of how to prolong your dreams as much as you can. I used the spinning technique whenever I felt the dream was about to end,I also kept interacting with the dream as much as possible. I believe the dream lasted almost an hour

Date: May 4,2018
Time Slept: 12:40 Midnight. Got up from 5:31-7 am.
Method: WBTB + MILD
Primary Goal: Rebuild dream recall (I only now just restarted actively lucid dreaming) - Success!
Secondary Goal: Achieve Lucidity - Success!
Supplements Taken: None

I am on my bed,and felt the need to do the Nose-pinch RC. Much to my elation,I was indeed DREAMING! :D
Upon learning this,I rolled off my bed and let myself fall and I ended up being transported into space! I was floating,admiring the beautiful stars and I saw a floating robot and a floating train. Before I knew it though,the scene shifted and I found myself in the middle of the street. I decided to grab a truck,place it in front of me(like you would a stroller)and started running at super speed. Ramming and smashing the truck into everything in sight,though sadly there weren't any live-people/DC's to splatter. :( (I know,I'm a sick bastard who likes GTA. :twisted: )

After awhile of doing this,my "Dream Spidey-sense" started tingling,warning me that the dream is about to end. (and it is almost always right). I then remembered Rebecca Turner's advice about using spinning as a way to prolong the dream and decided to give it a spin. (pun intended)
I found myself on my bed again after,and did the Nose-pinch RC. and to my delight,IT WORKED AND I'M IN A FALSE AWAKENING!! :D

I rolled off the bed and let myself fall again,which transported me to a Swimming pool setting. I started thinking of our family dog/pet; Bailey. An adorable German Shepherd. I remember reading in Daniel Love's book that if you want to meet a DC,your best bet is to look for them,perhaps they may be just behind a random door. (I don't have the dream control powers yet to directly summon a dream character) I started doing this,and ended up encountering a cat with the same body length as a snake! I decided to pet it,but I wasn't getting any reaction. I looked to the side and THERE SHE WAS! Bailey,our dog. I approached and petted her,and she reacted enthusiastically. (if there was a cute emoji here,I'd use it)

My spidey-sense started tingling again,and so I immediately performed the spinning technique again,resulting in another false awakening in a bed. I did my nose-pinch technique to make sure and indeed I'm still dreaming. I got up(didn't roll this time)and for some reason,I wasn't in my actual room. I was in a room of my grandfather's house. I was walking through the door and encountered Aira,who used to be a maid of our family. (For some reason though,whenever she appears in my dreams,its a prettier version of her). Just for the heck of it,I decided to try and kiss her hand(and maybe follow up with a much more lewd act)but she pulled her hand away and teasingly rebuffed my attempts. She then gave me a straw-hat and asked me to give it to Grandma. I obliged,and I found her in a familiar part of the house. I gave her the straw-hat. Aira then approached me again,and I made another attempt. I kissed her hand and she didn't try to stop me this time. However,before I could do anything else,the dream ended. I didn't get much time for warning this time so I couldn't do the spinning technique again in time. Maybe I started getting a little too excited,lol. :lol:

THE END.

Hope it was an interesting read. :)

LDer Charles

Re: Prolonging a Lucid Dream

Postby LDer Charles » 06 May 2018 23:39

RedKryptonite wrote:Its been awhile since I last posted one of my lucid dreams here. I'm sharing this as I believe its a good demonstration of how to prolong your dreams as much as you can. I used the spinning technique whenever I felt the dream was about to end,I also kept interacting with the dream as much as possible. I believe the dream lasted almost an hour

Date: May 4,2018
Time Slept: 12:40 Midnight. Got up from 5:31-7 am.
Method: WBTB + MILD
Primary Goal: Rebuild dream recall (I only now just restarted actively lucid dreaming) - Success!
Secondary Goal: Achieve Lucidity - Success!
Supplements Taken: None

I am on my bed,and felt the need to do the Nose-pinch RC. Much to my elation,I was indeed DREAMING! :D
Upon learning this,I rolled off my bed and let myself fall and I ended up being transported into space! I was floating,admiring the beautiful stars and I saw a floating robot and a floating train. Before I knew it though,the scene shifted and I found myself in the middle of the street. I decided to grab a truck,place it in front of me(like you would a stroller)and started running at super speed. Ramming and smashing the truck into everything in sight,though sadly there weren't any live-people/DC's to splatter. :( (I know,I'm a sick bastard who likes GTA. :twisted: )

After awhile of doing this,my "Dream Spidey-sense" started tingling,warning me that the dream is about to end. (and it is almost always right). I then remembered Rebecca Turner's advice about using spinning as a way to prolong the dream and decided to give it a spin. (pun intended)
I found myself on my bed again after,and did the Nose-pinch RC. and to my delight,IT WORKED AND I'M IN A FALSE AWAKENING!! :D

I rolled off the bed and let myself fall again,which transported me to a Swimming pool setting. I started thinking of our family dog/pet; Bailey. An adorable German Shepherd. I remember reading in Daniel Love's book that if you want to meet a DC,your best bet is to look for them,perhaps they may be just behind a random door. (I don't have the dream control powers yet to directly summon a dream character) I started doing this,and ended up encountering a cat with the same body length as a snake! I decided to pet it,but I wasn't getting any reaction. I looked to the side and THERE SHE WAS! Bailey,our dog. I approached and petted her,and she reacted enthusiastically. (if there was a cute emoji here,I'd use it)

My spidey-sense started tingling again,and so I immediately performed the spinning technique again,resulting in another false awakening in a bed. I did my nose-pinch technique to make sure and indeed I'm still dreaming. I got up(didn't roll this time)and for some reason,I wasn't in my actual room. I was in a room of my grandfather's house. I was walking through the door and encountered Aira,who used to be a maid of our family. (For some reason though,whenever she appears in my dreams,its a prettier version of her). Just for the heck of it,I decided to try and kiss her hand(and maybe follow up with a much more lewd act)but she pulled her hand away and teasingly rebuffed my attempts. She then gave me a straw-hat and asked me to give it to Grandma. I obliged,and I found her in a familiar part of the house. I gave her the straw-hat. Aira then approached me again,and I made another attempt. I kissed her hand and she didn't try to stop me this time. However,before I could do anything else,the dream ended. I didn't get much time for warning this time so I couldn't do the spinning technique again in time. Maybe I started getting a little too excited,lol. :lol:

THE END.

Hope it was an interesting read. :)

Hi RedKryptonite! Good to hear ya! Thanks for posting it. It was a good read indeed.

Sounds like a pretty substantial LD and lots of dream skills came in to play. I hope to have more like that too :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 May 2018 01:35

I know what you mean by "spidey-sense". I just know when a dream is gonna end, and wake up. Then again, they do often become false awakenings so it's a good habit to double check with the reality check.

I still have a really hard time getting anyone to show up in my dreams, but I've met my past German Shepard a few times in dreams. I remember a really vivid false awakening where she was really excited and I was petting her and could feel the fur on my palm still after I woke up. I don't know how to interpret the rest.

The spinning technique certainly helps, and also be prepared for false awakenings when disobeying your spidey sense to wake up. Your mind may get tricked.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 07 May 2018 02:51

I never get signs when I'm about to wake up from a lucid dream. I just do. And it's ALWAYS from over-excitement. I can sometimes go back to them, but they aren't as vivid as they were when I first entered the dream. And I usually lack control the second time.

Thanks for the idea about the spinning technique though! All I've done is rub my hands together, and I found that it's not enough to keep me in. In my next LD I will definitely try it if I can. (My most recent lucid dreams have lacked dream control badly, and I haven't been able to do much. It may be a challenge to stabilize. I can't understand why.)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 10 May 2018 08:18

LDer Charles wrote:Hi RedKryptonite! Good to hear ya! Thanks for posting it. It was a good read indeed.

Sounds like a pretty substantial LD and lots of dream skills came in to play. I hope to have more like that too :)

Thanks for the feedback! I kinda got off-track again(I hate you school! :x ),but will continue to at least jot down dreams.

I sent you a PM,hope you're interested. :)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 10 May 2018 08:19

HAGART wrote:I know what you mean by "spidey-sense". I just know when a dream is gonna end, and wake up. Then again, they do often become false awakenings so it's a good habit to double check with the reality check.

I still have a really hard time getting anyone to show up in my dreams, but I've met my past German Shepard a few times in dreams. I remember a really vivid false awakening where she was really excited and I was petting her and could feel the fur on my palm still after I woke up. I don't know how to interpret the rest.

The spinning technique certainly helps, and also be prepared for false awakenings when disobeying your spidey sense to wake up. Your mind may get tricked.

Yeah,it feels like a huge "DOH!" moment if you forget/fail to RC during a false awakening. has happened to me a few times as well.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 10 May 2018 08:22

CatDreamer22 wrote:I never get signs when I'm about to wake up from a lucid dream. I just do. And it's ALWAYS from over-excitement. I can sometimes go back to them, but they aren't as vivid as they were when I first entered the dream. And I usually lack control the second time.

Thanks for the idea about the spinning technique though! All I've done is rub my hands together, and I found that it's not enough to keep me in. In my next LD I will definitely try it if I can. (My most recent lucid dreams have lacked dream control badly, and I haven't been able to do much. It may be a challenge to stabilize. I can't understand why.)

Indeed. Rubbing your hands isn't enough in my experience as well. the rubbing hands technique I feel is more about giving you a little extra time to perform a more effective technique. If I'd done just that before awakening,I might have actually had the time to spin again and thus prolonging the dream further.

Anyway,I hope your progress has been going well. :)

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 10 May 2018 13:46

Yes, in my last LD, (a few days ago) I did try spinning, and it did actually help.

This could be the gateway to longer lucid dreams for me! So thanks, and good luck on your lucid dreaming quest as well. :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”