Some advice with my experience

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dreamweaving89

Some advice with my experience

Postby Dreamweaving89 » 08 May 2018 00:12

Hi Everyone,

Hoping you might be able to shed some light on a few things for me.

I've been meditating on and off for about a year and I have recently tried again to do a little meditation before bed to try and experience that little phase between being awake and asleep. I focus on my breath and try to just let it unfold. I notice the little light show going on and at one point there were two ladies having a conversation and they "noticed" that I was there. But here are the things I can't work out.

- Is it normal in this state to still hear everything? Like I can still hear all the sounds outside, I figured it would all disappear if I got into a trance state.

- quite often one eye feels like it wants to open, I can see a small amount of my room, but I don't know if it's my actual eye or not and I don't want to go with it and wake me up.

- when I focus to long on the images in my head, I get like a sudden dropping feeling and everything stops sometimes it's brings me totally out of it and I wake up. But I'm not dreaming.

Any ideas? Sorry for the long post and I thank you in advance!

LDer Charles

Re: Some advice with my experience

Postby LDer Charles » 08 May 2018 22:54

Dreamweaving89 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've been meditating on and off for about a year and I have recently tried again to do a little meditation before bed to try and experience that little phase between being awake and asleep. I focus on my breath and try to just let it unfold. I notice the little light show going on and at one point there were two ladies having a conversation and they "noticed" that I was there. But here are the things I can't work out.

- Is it normal in this state to still hear everything? Like I can still hear all the sounds outside, I figured it would all disappear if I got into a trance state.

- quite often one eye feels like it wants to open, I can see a small amount of my room, but I don't know if it's my actual eye or not and I don't want to go with it and wake me up.

- when I focus to long on the images in my head, I get like a sudden dropping feeling and everything stops sometimes it's brings me totally out of it and I wake up. But I'm not dreaming.

Hi Dreamweaving89! About the eyes wanting to open, I use an eye mask or eye cover to help differentiate this. I have some dreams where I am in my bed but I can see around my room. When I wake up I usually realize SOMETHING was a little different than waking life but I used to think it actually was waking life. But now I usually know when I can see, it is probably a dream because my eye mask never falls off.

I don't know much about the other questions. But I'd say keep at it! Keep noting your results and experiences.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Empyreal Sakaki

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 03 Sep 2018 19:54

I experience exactly the same!! I have always questioned if I should or not hear sound or not while meditating, I get the dropping feeling too (I think is called the Hypno Jerk) and my left eye is a fucking bitch that think for his own and if I am not super sleepy it will open because yes!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Sep 2018 14:56

Dreamweaving89 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I use ear plugs so I can better concentrate and focus on listening to inner sounds and outside sounds don't bother me.

The dropping sensation is a normal SP kind of thing. You can experience all sorts of odd sensation like that. Dropping sinking spinning expanding. I love that feeling when it feels like an expansive inner dimension suddenly opens up inside you.

As far as your eye trying to open. Well I guess that's just one of those things you have to try and work out. Sounds like it might be similar to when you are laying on your back trying to WILD and you get a really strong urge to roll over onto your side so you can just fall asleep. Or you start getting random annoying itches. I will often sleep in my chair to both reinforce my intent and motivate myself to stay focused. And also make it so that I am physically unable to roll over onto my side. So I can't give in to that urge unless I get out of the chair and go lay down.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”