Reality checks happening but not going lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Plissken

Reality checks happening but not going lucid

Postby Plissken » 09 May 2018 08:07

In the past month I seem to be hitting reality checks in dreams, I have full recollection during dream recall, but I’m not going Lucid. Any ideas?

CatDreamer22

Re: Reality checks happening but not going lucid

Postby CatDreamer22 » 09 May 2018 13:22

Yeah, the same thing happens to me most of the time when I do reality checks in dreams. I remember to do them, but they don't work and nothing happens. I only succeeded once in that. That's why DILDs are quite difficult for me.

If you say your RCs just aren't working, then that means you need to put more thought into them and expect them to work. I haven't put much thought into mine recently, only because I've had a lot of success with WILD, so I haven't needed reality checks that much.

But if you say that you do the reality check and it does work, but you don't realize your dreaming, then you might need to work on improving your waking and sleeping awareness. Always look around you during the day and try to find weird things that may seem like dream signs. And try meditation to help you out in your sleeping awareness.

And if DILD isn't giving you any luck, then you should try WILD. It's hard for most beginners, but I got the hang of it quickly, so you might too.

Hope this helps!

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 09 May 2018 15:38

Great, thanks. I will persist.
The Meditation has taken a back seat to other stuff lately, need to get back on it.

Last week I identified that I was in a dream. I said to myself ‘this must a dream’ and it was but no lucidity. When I awoke I recalled the whole event but the dream had ended pretty much just after that point.

I have no real references as my previous lucid dreams have either begun with me identifying something out of place or having no memory at all of a previous dream only that I have suddenly become lucid.

It’s still very much a learning curve for me.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 10 May 2018 00:51

Plissken wrote:Great, thanks. I will persist.
The Meditation has taken a back seat to other stuff lately, need to get back on it.

Last week I identified that I was in a dream. I said to myself ‘this must a dream’ and it was but no lucidity. When I awoke I recalled the whole event but the dream had ended pretty much just after that point.

I have no real references as my previous lucid dreams have either begun with me identifying something out of place or having no memory at all of a previous dream only that I have suddenly become lucid.

It’s still very much a learning curve for me.

Hi Plissken! Lately I've had alot of LDs where I get lucid but forget exactly how or much of the pre lucid parts.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 11 May 2018 16:00

Remembering to do RCs in your dreams is a HUGE first step. Having that RC fail just sucks.

Suggestion: This is what I've learned from past experience. In real life I always do a double RC. I never accept the first failure as real.

Example: I'm walking to the rest room at work and I remember to do a RC. I look at my right hand and count my fingers with the expectation that I WILL have more than 5 fingers. I count; 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7, except I didn't actually see fingers 6 & 7. So it is a failed RC. I then look away from my hand and mentally set my resolve that I absolutely will have 7 fingers when I count again. I look back and count again; 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 (when I get here I focus hard to make fingers 6 and 7 actually appear as I count) - 6 - 7. If no 6 & 7 appear I have fail #2. However I then ask myself what I would do if the RC was successful.

This habit has made my RC success rate very high.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 12 May 2018 07:58

Thank you for the advice.

Managed to meditate yesterday evening for about 15/20 minutes then had full lucid dream early morning. Very happy.

Managed a second RC within the dream for the first time (checking of hands). Usually I do the first and then forget to do it again so my lucid dreams have been only lasting 5 minutes at most up until now.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”