Could you guys give specific advice for my WILD?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kestrife

Could you guys give specific advice for my WILD?

Postby Kestrife » 12 May 2018 05:54

Lately I've been persisting on achieving WILD.
I get to Hypnogogia and Visual Imagery, and just barely reach sleep paralysis.
Usually it ends here. So, what I need help with is:

I lay on my back for over an hour sometimes, and before I get to sleep paralysis it's already so uncomfortable I decide to turn around. When I turn around it's game over.
When I get into fully relaxed state, my mouth opens and feels very dry, which makes me close it for a second which resets my progress.

So my problem lies with the physical discomforts I get that make me unable to continue.
I just need to get from visual illusions to sleep paralysis somehow.

I used to get really itchy, but I learned to overcome that. I know it'll take a lot of discipline for WILD as well, but any tips will greatly inspire me!
Thank you in advance!

Extra Info:
Have had lucid dreams before
Do constant reality checks
Did try other techniques
Do keep a dream journal
Doing WILD straight from sleep without waking up
Have a ridiculously bad sleeping pattern, lord knows when I go to sleep
Usually take over an hour to fall asleep in general

P.S: Is it possible to have a WILD by laying on your side or chest?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Could you guys give specific advice for my WILD?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 May 2018 14:41

Sorry, but I can't give any advice on WILD as I have never been able to successfully get lucid using this technique. I have issues falling/staying asleep so when attempting WILD I can never quite get back to sleep.

Hopefully someone else can assist.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 17 May 2018 02:38

WILD has been my most successful technique by far. 7/8 of my lucid dreams were induced using WILD.

The first thing I would suggest, is you should start waking up in the middle of the night to perform WILD. By then, you'll be very tired and it should be much easier for your body to be at rest. If you don't normally wake up naturally, then you can set an alarm. I have to use 3 because they sometimes don't wake me up.

Also what I would recommend, is taking your mind off of lucid dreaming when doing the technique. The more excited you are to have a lucid dream, the harder it will be to fall asleep. It's just like going to bed on Christmas eve and not being able to sleep because you're looking forward to the morning. Just relax and watch your mind show you pictures while not moving your body. You gotta keep your brain awake while your body sleeps.

And since you're talking about physical discomforts, you should try to forget you even have a body when doing WILD. Don't think about when you want to move your leg, don't think about keeping your mouth open all night, just only focus on your mind and what your unconsciousness is showing you.

If it's just way too difficult to use any normal methods, then you can always try some shortcuts to WILD such as FILD or VILD. just look up "FILD technique lucid dreaming" and you should get what you're looking for.

Also, here is a shortcut of my own. I've used it twice so far with both times working! It's a good way to get your mind away from your physical body:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20592ing!:

Hope this helps you out! :)

Xiaome

Postby Xiaome » 20 May 2018 09:44

to be honest, I see a way out in a simple change of clothes and a couch for lying

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 21 May 2018 23:30

Kestrife wrote:Lately I've been persisting on achieving WILD.
I get to Hypnogogia and Visual Imagery, and just barely reach sleep paralysis.
Usually it ends here. So, what I need help with is:

I lay on my back for over an hour sometimes, and before I get to sleep paralysis it's already so uncomfortable I decide to turn around. When I turn around it's game over.
When I get into fully relaxed state, my mouth opens and feels very dry, which makes me close it for a second which resets my progress.

So my problem lies with the physical discomforts I get that make me unable to continue.
I just need to get from visual illusions to sleep paralysis somehow.

I used to get really itchy, but I learned to overcome that. I know it'll take a lot of discipline for WILD as well, but any tips will greatly inspire me!
Thank you in advance!

Extra Info:
Have had lucid dreams before
Do constant reality checks
Did try other techniques
Do keep a dream journal
Doing WILD straight from sleep without waking up
Have a ridiculously bad sleeping pattern, lord knows when I go to sleep
Usually take over an hour to fall asleep in general

P.S: Is it possible to have a WILD by laying on your side or chest?

One thing about the mouth opening is I use a little pillow under my chin to prop it closed. Otherwise when I relax my jaw, it will hang open. A little pillow there keeps it closed so it doesn't try out, and I breathe through my nose, when possible. They also make "chin straps" for people who snore which are kinda cool. Might be worth a try if you don't have a beard like me.

I haven't had alot of WILD's though. Only lots of attempts.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”