Relationship of mood and dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Beginningdream

Relationship of mood and dreams

Postby Beginningdream » 12 May 2018 15:29

So I know that this is listed as one of the things that are beneficial that you get through lucid dreaming but id just like to say my bit on it.
I think that lucid dreaming or maybe even just focusing on dream recall helps your mood. I never actually expected this but especially lately if i dont remember a dream I wake up with this feeling like I forgot my keys but their in my hand sort of thing. As if its right there but breaking past the mental barrier is near impossible. On these days I wake up kind of bummed out and stuff (not through the whole day) however I remember my first lucid dream (still working on #2) I woke up and felt amazing the entire day, but i felt amaing on 5 hours of sleep to my usual 8, I worked out with weights for 90 minutes that day and I had a 90 minute wrestling practice and while it sounds crazy it was like that dream just like made me not tired at all and all of that physical activity on a lack of sleep affected me as if I had actually got 10 hours of sleep.
I also notice a similar thing when I remember a lot of a dream, not to that extent, but I wake up like I can do this im the man im gonna ace my tests today even though I didnt study and I really think there is a strong relationship between how your mood and dreams interact.
Id love to hear everyone elses thoughts on this and hear if you have experienced this in any way. I hope I provided some interesting reading. :D

Sean Jacobs

Re: Relationship of mood and dreams

Postby Sean Jacobs » 14 May 2018 17:49

Hello Beginningdream.

I agree with dreams, most often the last dream before waking, influencing our mood. For me lucid dreams are like mini-vacations to the most amazing theme park in the universe. When I wake from a lucid dream I feel energized for my entire day. I have also found that waking from regular dreams, good or bad, can influence my mood as well.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”