Self awareness and dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Self awareness and dreams?

Postby Beginningdream » 12 May 2018 15:37

I meditate regularly and focus on all mysenses and all that business and I even try to do ada and id say I succeed in. Some ways for example in my dream tonight I thought how does that happen and had I looked into it Iwould have got lucid but im happy that at least some of it is seaping into my dreams.
I think whats wrong with this is something ive noticed in my dream journalling of 3-4 months. I dream in third person a lot. I sont know why but i do in my dreams i alternate between first and third person so ive been thinking maybe im doing a lot of this wrong. What if i focus more on how my body looks feels what I smell etc. Prior to now I did a reality check and looked all around me and became critical of the world which is great but ive noticed never once have I seen my feet my shoes my hair, a mirror, my arms etc in a dream. Even in third person its like it gets wiped away.
So my thought is, if I start lutting a lot mor emphasis on ada awareness on my self rather than around me i could potentially have a higher chance at lucidity.
I’d live to hear everyones thoughts on this and if theyve experienced it etc cause I find it quite odd, but i do think it could work. Unless several people say it wont work ill check back in on this post in a week of two and update if it helped at all. Thanks guys.

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 298
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: Self awareness and dreams?

Postby LDer Charles » 21 May 2018 23:43

Beginningdream wrote:I meditate regularly and focus on all mysenses and all that business and I even try to do ada and id say I succeed in. Some ways for example in my dream tonight I thought how does that happen and had I looked into it Iwould have got lucid but im happy that at least some of it is seaping into my dreams.
I think whats wrong with this is something ive noticed in my dream journalling of 3-4 months. I dream in third person a lot. I sont know why but i do in my dreams i alternate between first and third person so ive been thinking maybe im doing a lot of this wrong. What if i focus more on how my body looks feels what I smell etc. Prior to now I did a reality check and looked all around me and became critical of the world which is great but ive noticed never once have I seen my feet my shoes my hair, a mirror, my arms etc in a dream. Even in third person its like it gets wiped away.
So my thought is, if I start lutting a lot mor emphasis on ada awareness on my self rather than around me i could potentially have a higher chance at lucidity.
I’d live to hear everyones thoughts on this and if theyve experienced it etc cause I find it quite odd, but i do think it could work. Unless several people say it wont work ill check back in on this post in a week of two and update if it helped at all. Thanks guys.


I think it makes sense. One thing I did like this was narrate my surroundings in waking life. Just talking out loud to myself (if no one was in earshot) like, if I saw a bug. "Oooh, a bug! It's green with brown pointy legs." Then if a bird flew by. "Wow, a bird! That one was blue and white. It was holding a worm." And just continue to do that. It was very interesting when I had some lucid dreams where I remembered to narrate my surroundings and made it much more vivid.

Besides verbally labeling things, actually feeling sense perceptions has helped me too. On youtube there are "5 senses meditation" videos that I did a bunch of at one point. Sometimes I'll be very meditative and just observing my surroundings but the timing has to be right.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: Self awareness and dreams?

Postby Beginningdream » 21 May 2018 23:50

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:I meditate regularly and focus on all mysenses and all that business and I even try to do ada and id say I succeed in. Some ways for example in my dream tonight I thought how does that happen and had I looked into it Iwould have got lucid but im happy that at least some of it is seaping into my dreams.
I think whats wrong with this is something ive noticed in my dream journalling of 3-4 months. I dream in third person a lot. I sont know why but i do in my dreams i alternate between first and third person so ive been thinking maybe im doing a lot of this wrong. What if i focus more on how my body looks feels what I smell etc. Prior to now I did a reality check and looked all around me and became critical of the world which is great but ive noticed never once have I seen my feet my shoes my hair, a mirror, my arms etc in a dream. Even in third person its like it gets wiped away.
So my thought is, if I start lutting a lot mor emphasis on ada awareness on my self rather than around me i could potentially have a higher chance at lucidity.
I’d live to hear everyones thoughts on this and if theyve experienced it etc cause I find it quite odd, but i do think it could work. Unless several people say it wont work ill check back in on this post in a week of two and update if it helped at all. Thanks guys.


I think it makes sense. One thing I did like this was narrate my surroundings in waking life. Just talking out loud to myself (if no one was in earshot) like, if I saw a bug. "Oooh, a bug! It's green with brown pointy legs." Then if a bird flew by. "Wow, a bird! That one was blue and white. It was holding a worm." And just continue to do that. It was very interesting when I had some lucid dreams where I remembered to narrate my surroundings and made it much more vivid.

Besides verbally labeling things, actually feeling sense perceptions has helped me too. On youtube there are "5 senses meditation" videos that I did a bunch of at one point. Sometimes I'll be very meditative and just observing my surroundings but the timing has to be right.

Sounds like something I’d better try. Still working on dream # 2. Also have you had enough success with wild to answer any of my questions?

User avatar
LDer Charles
Posts: 298
Joined: 09 Oct 2017 13:40

Re: Self awareness and dreams?

Postby LDer Charles » 22 May 2018 06:45

Beginningdream wrote:Sounds like something I’d better try. Still working on dream # 2. Also have you had enough success with wild to answer any of my questions?


Sounds good. Anything about getting in the moment, getting in touch with your surroundings, etc. WILD... I have had lots of WILD attempts but not many successes. I'm going to go back to sleep now (just did WBTB with f.lux and orange glasses on comp screen) but if you post the questions I will try. (Is there already a thread I haven't seen?)

There was a quote on a MTG card that said something like "Unanswered questions are themselves answers."
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Beginningdream
Posts: 47
Joined: 31 Mar 2018 15:00

Re: Self awareness and dreams?

Postby Beginningdream » 22 May 2018 12:07

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:Sounds like something I’d better try. Still working on dream # 2. Also have you had enough success with wild to answer any of my questions?


Sounds good. Anything about getting in the moment, getting in touch with your surroundings, etc. WILD... I have had lots of WILD attempts but not many successes. I'm going to go back to sleep now (just did WBTB with f.lux and orange glasses on comp screen) but if you post the questions I will try. (Is there already a thread I haven't seen?)

There was a quote on a MTG card that said something like "Unanswered questions are themselves answers."


Fair point I will search elsewhere. :)


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests