Melatonin?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
NathanAnthem

Melatonin?

Postby NathanAnthem » 16 May 2018 12:13

I have some straight up Melatonin supplements at home. They make me tired enough to go to sleep in about an hour but they also make me have really odd dreams. They are all split up and never really stick to one area for long. They are also really hard to remember and not vivid at all.
Anyone else have weird or good experiences with dreaming or lucid dreaming while taking Melatonin supplements?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Melatonin?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 May 2018 18:06

I have used Melatonin in the past, but stopped using it. It is a hormone and taking it for a long period of time can imbalance your natural melatonin production. When I did take it, it did help me sleep deeper and longer. I never noticed any major difference in how I dream.

I'm tried several supplements that are supposed to help in having lucid dreams and had no success with any of them. :(
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

dreamoverflow

Re: Melatonin?

Postby dreamoverflow » 21 May 2018 22:59

Its a known effect. When I took some the first time or after some weeks without taking some I have ode dreams and some sleep paralysis, but its a cool experience, you could play with this effect maybe. But those effect occurs only the first night, sometime the second night, but no longer.

Will see I've done a little break for some day, and I think I will use this night.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”