(My 2nd lucid dream ever) Last nights dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
NathanAnthem

(My 2nd lucid dream ever) Last nights dream

Postby NathanAnthem » 19 May 2018 06:07

So I'm very new to lucid dreaming, it's taken me a long time to be able to achieve lucidity and after my first lucid dream I hit a dry spell with my dream recall. Over the last week I've received a BUNCH of help from you guys here on the forums and thanks to that, last night I had a dream (the first dream after my first lucid dream) and I became lucid in it again. I can't thank everyone here who helped me enough. It seems I'm really starting to take notice of the abnormalities in my dreams and INSTANTLY think "am I dreaming?" now.

The dream went along the lines of me staying at my mothers new house (a house that doesn't exist) with me trying to get away with smoking weed without getting caught (even though I don't smoke?). After something happened with a hologram of an old flame from years ago I thought it was odd that I'm in a house I've never seen and looking at a hologram as if they're just a thing now. Then I knew I was dreaming. I learned from my last lucid dream that I need to stabilise so I don't wake up. I notice everything is blurring and darkening, so I quickly start rubbing my arms and spinning in circles, this clear up (but now that I think about it, not nearly enough). At this point I completely forget that I wanted to touch lots of things and use my senses more in my dreams to further develop my lucidity and clarity in my dreams, because I was too busy shooting fire out of my hands lol. I then wanted to spawn a dream character so I imagined they are behind me, I turned around and noticed that all I spawned was a drawing of them. Then I noticed just how little control I had over my fire and how blurry everything was. That's when I woke up.

I need to work on my stabilising and involve more of my senses in my dreams, but apart from that does anyone have any tips or tricks to help resolve my blurriness/short dream issue?
Thanks heaps :)

LDer Charles

Re: (My 2nd lucid dream ever) Last nights dream

Postby LDer Charles » 22 May 2018 13:00

NathanAnthem wrote:So I'm very new to lucid dreaming, it's taken me a long time to be able to achieve lucidity and after my first lucid dream I hit a dry spell with my dream recall. Over the last week I've received a BUNCH of help from you guys here on the forums and thanks to that, last night I had a dream (the first dream after my first lucid dream) and I became lucid in it again. I can't thank everyone here who helped me enough. It seems I'm really starting to take notice of the abnormalities in my dreams and INSTANTLY think "am I dreaming?" now.

The dream went along the lines of me staying at my mothers new house (a house that doesn't exist) with me trying to get away with smoking weed without getting caught (even though I don't smoke?). After something happened with a hologram of an old flame from years ago I thought it was odd that I'm in a house I've never seen and looking at a hologram as if they're just a thing now. Then I knew I was dreaming. I learned from my last lucid dream that I need to stabilise so I don't wake up. I notice everything is blurring and darkening, so I quickly start rubbing my arms and spinning in circles, this clear up (but now that I think about it, not nearly enough). At this point I completely forget that I wanted to touch lots of things and use my senses more in my dreams to further develop my lucidity and clarity in my dreams, because I was too busy shooting fire out of my hands lol. I then wanted to spawn a dream character so I imagined they are behind me, I turned around and noticed that all I spawned was a drawing of them. Then I noticed just how little control I had over my fire and how blurry everything was. That's when I woke up.

I need to work on my stabilising and involve more of my senses in my dreams, but apart from that does anyone have any tips or tricks to help resolve my blurriness/short dream issue?
Thanks heaps :)

Hi NathanAnthem! Thanks for your dream. It was a good read. About the blurriness, I did this one thing with blinking.

Here is the link:
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/dreams-march-9-10-83754/

Just CTRL+F the word "blinking" and skip to that section (unless you wanna read all the rest of it anyway but its alot)

Another good way was just walking and counting my steps.

If you're newer though you might want to be careful because when I was newer, trying to move my dream body in certain ways could cause my physical body to stir, especially eyes and also mouth (I'd wake up chewing when I had eaten dream food)

I think it will just take continued practice, every time you get an opportunty to LD, to try something. So just trust in the process. If you invest time in practicing now, and consistently for a few years, you'll be in a real groove.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

NathanAnthem

Re: (My 2nd lucid dream ever) Last nights dream

Postby NathanAnthem » 23 May 2018 14:50

Thanks so much LDer Charles :)
Can't wait to get the hang of this.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”