Have I just had a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deanh89

Have I just had a lucid dream?

Postby deanh89 » 25 May 2018 07:15

I was dreaming last night, nothing special I was in a house with my girlfriend just talking, didn't recognise the house or anything. But I woke up, and recently I've been sleeping with ear plugs beacse of where I am. And I touched one of the ear plugs to make sure they hadn't fell out. Then all's I remember is being back in that house, in the kitchen speaking to someone I don't recognise, and he said you know you would be lucid dreaming if you touch your ear plugs and they arnt there, so I went to touch them and there was nothing there. so I thought to myself this must be a dream then. It was all a bit fuzzy and like a normal dream apart from that, but I went outside and was getting chased by a dog and I was saying it's a lucid dream try and fly, so I was trying to fly but I was just floating up then floating down again. Is this a lucid dream? or was it a normal dream and u was just thinking about being lucid? I think it was a very low level lucid dream but unsure.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Have I just had a lucid dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 25 May 2018 13:15

Hello deanh89, and contrats on your lucid dream.

I would say yes you were lucid in your dream, but had a low level of lucidity.

I find that there are levels of lucidity. I put it on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 = you know you are dreaming but have no control over your dream. You just go along with the dream normally. 10 = complete and total "god-like" control over every aspect of your dream (I have never reached a 10). It sounds like you were at about a 2 or 3. You knew you were dreaming and attempted to do things that you couldn't do in real life but you were struggling to make those things happen.

I hope you have many more LDs in the near future.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”