Using dream location to become lucid. "Dream Hub"

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
NathanAnthem

Using dream location to become lucid. "Dream Hub"

Postby NathanAnthem » 29 May 2018 13:12

My brother told me about this trick he does when he lucid dreams... Tonight I'm going to begin trying it out so I've come here to gather some more info and ask if anyone else knows anything about this strange method.

My brother always dreams of the same place. He told me it's a huge city split into many different sections. There's an areas where it's snows, rich, poor, flooded, abandoned, neon, black and white and even zombie infested. He made this city, and continues to build it every time he visits. After teaching himself to always dream in this city, he can associate this location with being in a dream.
Essentially, every time he falls asleep, he sees an area he knows is only in his dreams, then becomes lucid. Every single night.
He has absolutely no idea how he achieved this, but I absolutely want to be able to do it too.

My plan at the moment is to look at many images of a location I'm very familiar with... Peach's Castle from Mario 64.
This is going to be my "Dream Hub", and once lucid in this world I'll use the paintings to teleport to anywhere I want. I've drilled into my head that this area is my dream hub, and that whenever I see this area, I should perform a reality check (I do very extensive checks and have never failed one before.)

Hopefully this works, and if it ever does, I will reply back to this thread. But if anyone has any experience controlling the location of a dream without being lucid, please reply and tell me in as much detail how you are able to think of a location, and arrive there in your dreams every night.
Thanks for reading, and please try this method out and see if it helps you in any way.

CatDreamer22

Re: Using dream location to become lucid. "Dream Hub"

Postby CatDreamer22 » 30 May 2018 04:46

This sounds really cool and it might work for some people, but I don't think it's the best method out there. Staring at a picture isn't necessarily going to make it appear in every dream, and putting something like that in your mind will take a lot of time and patience. It really could work, but it would be very hard, even for advanced lucid dreamers. Most people would probably agree that doing reality checks daily and questioning whether or not you're dreaming would be a better choice.

Now I'm not being a hater or anything, I still think it is a really cool advanced technique. But it looks extremely challenging for most beginners. Thanks though! I'm sure this really might help some people out. I might try it myself if I have the patience.

I think you and your brother have some neat ideas. It may seem difficult, but it looks like it would be quite useful once you get the hang of it. You should call this LILD, or Location Induced Lucid Dream.

NathanAnthem

Postby NathanAnthem » 30 May 2018 18:37

CatDreamer22 wrote:This sounds really cool and it might work for some people, but I don't think it's the best method out there. Staring at a picture isn't necessarily going to make it appear in every dream, and putting something like that in your mind will take a lot of time and patience. It really could work, but it would be very hard, even for advanced lucid dreamers. Most people would probably agree that doing reality checks daily and questioning whether or not you're dreaming would be a better choice.

Now I'm not being a hater or anything, I still think it is a really cool advanced technique. But it looks extremely challenging for most beginners. Thanks though! I'm sure this really might help some people out. I might try it myself if I have the patience.

I think you and your brother have some neat ideas. It may seem difficult, but it looks like it would be quite useful once you get the hang of it. You should call this LILD, or Location Induced Lucid Dream.

Hey thanks for replying :)
And yeah I'm still very new to lucid dreaming so I'm still getting to grips on what it difficult and what isn't. I totally see now that this is going to take a long time to figure out hahaha
I just posted the idea the second I heard of it/came up with it to see what the pros think of it :)
Thanks again for replying. I'll still keep trying this out but yeah I'll certainly not rely on it without using any other methods in tandem.
I like "LILD" btw, it has a cool ring to it.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 03 Jun 2018 02:39

By no means am I a pro but I do think it’s an incredibly interesting. The big flaw that I see is the same thing as the other person who replied, actually getting that location to show up. If you can do it I feel like this could turn into an incredibly effective method such as your brother but also it could be incredibly ineffective for someone who can’t get the location to show up in their dreams. Also not to hate but I would be hesitant with this because one of the best things about dreams is the story they tell but because this in theory limits you to one place I would feel rather bored after a while.

baccuss123

Postby baccuss123 » 05 Jun 2018 10:10

My very first lucid dream many many moons ago was a scene from a book.

Sword of shannara specifically. I put myself as a character in the book scape.

So yes, You can do it.

Spend the time going to sleep and before visualizing the terrain, the people the interactions, what you are doing.
Feel it, feel the ground, see your shoes, feel the wind and or smoke....etc.
The better you can visualize the more likely you will be to go there.

If my dumb ass can do it....I am sure you can!!!!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”