My lucid dreaming journey!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Beginningdream

My lucid dreaming journey!

Postby Beginningdream » 03 Jun 2018 02:19

Quick intro, the goal of this is to give beginners insight as to the daily activities trying to dream. (I myself am a beginner but I mean for the people who try for 3 days and give up) It is also here to give me insight on what im doing right or wrong, I’ll have written record of what works what doesnt all my experiences etc. lastly hopefully it will provide motivation and make it feel like even if i’m not getting lucid at least this gives me something to do in the meantime as well as commitment. I will update it daily.( This depends though, if it becomes too repetitive I will scale it down. I’ll still update daily but I’ll probably summarize the week.) Feel free to comment on my experiences, provide advice, and really anything. I hope this makes something interesting for others to read. I hope you enjoy! :)

June 2- Today was eventful. I went fishing on the boat and every time someone said fish or fishing I did a reality check and I stayed pretty consistent with it. I probably did 15-30 reality checks today. I also had to very good meditation sessions. While we were in the truck I got so deep in meditation that I meditated for 45 minutes and had no idea. It felt like 10 maybe 15 minutes. And yes in a truck so I know I didn’t just fall asleep. And then now just before I wrote this I meditated for 20 mins again very strange because it felt like it was maybe 5-7 mins. I feel incredibly tired and refreshed. Also I would like to hear others comments on this but I really enjoy listening to piano while meditating and I think some of this “timeless” effect is as a result of that each song it typically pretty long3-5 mins and they feel incredibly short and maybe that effects your perception of time. It’s hard to explain. Try it.

LucidCat

Re: My lucid dreaming journey!

Postby LucidCat » 03 Jun 2018 09:38

I think it's great that you write down your process - it will help you big time to stay motivated.
Personally, I believe the perception of time while meditation is very different than during the rest of our conscious time. I think that's quite normal. Time is relative, after all. I've never thought of using music to help with my meditation - I might give it a shot!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 05 Jun 2018 05:35

LucidCat wrote:I think it's great that you write down your process - it will help you big time to stay motivated.
Personally, I believe the perception of time while meditation is very different than during the rest of our conscious time. I think that's quite normal. Time is relative, after all. I've never thought of using music to help with my meditation - I might give it a shot!

If you have Spotify I just used the peaceful piano playlist. Honestly in comparison to binaural bears I don’t think it gets you into that insanely deep state but it does change your perception of time in relation to binaural beats. Idk it’s hard to explain how it felt for me. Especially since it may not work for you so. Give it a go though it’s an interesting feeling.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 07 Jun 2018 01:16

JUNE 6- To start if anybody is even following these posts, sorry I slacked and didn’t do anything. It’s been a rough four days. The frustration of lucid dreaming I feel always comes in bouts and lately it has just really been peaking. I love this crazy amazing idea but it is so frustrating that you can put in this amount of work and get nothing in return. So over the last 4 days I skipped 1 meditation session because I was over at my aunts house for the night and we stayed up late etc etc and I didn’t want to meditate on her couch with three other people in the living room. However other than that I have been meditating twice daily and trying to remember my dreams. However trying does not mean I am. As of lately I have literally no dream recall. Soooo frustrating. Tips are always appreciated. I think tonight I will try wild because I have nothing else to do. For me DILD’s are nonexistent so yeah. I’m having a blast. It’s all just very frustrating. Also if you are interested in this and want to help me for my sake and potentially your interest follow this topic so you get notified when I post so you can help me and potentially enjoy reading my lucid dreaming journey.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 07 Jun 2018 01:18

LucidCat wrote:I think it's great that you write down your process - it will help you big time to stay motivated.

For my sake and potentially your enjoyment if you would enjoy reading these could you please follow the topic so you’re notified when I post as this will help me a lot in the case you respond and hopefully maybe just maybe you’ll get a lick of enjoyment out of reading my journey.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 09 Jun 2018 14:31

So my dream recall has faded ever so slightly back in but I was just so frustrated and everything else that I decide it would be best for me to take a break for a week. I started yesterday Friday June 8 and basically I’m just going to not do reality checks, I’ll meditate as I please, not going to write in my dream journal etc etc. I just think that doing this will prevent burnout and it will also give me a bit of time to reset. For me lucid dreaming is very mentally tasking in the sense of constantly trying to focus on being away and writing stuff down and remembering in the first place. I think that with this break and the rest it will give me I can come back with a stronger will to dream, and a stronger mind.

LDexpert

Postby LDexpert » 10 Jun 2018 23:30

Hi guys,

I loved reading all the comments. I have actually created an amazing method for lucid dreaming. I would love for you guys to check it out! I took me months of research. I started having lucid dreams the first week of trying after having literally none. Here is the link to my blog https://investinsuccessblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/the-ultimate-lucid-dream-method/ thanks guys :D

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 11 Jun 2018 14:31

LDexpert wrote:Hi guys,

I loved reading all the comments. I have actually created an amazing method for lucid dreaming. I would love for you guys to check it out! I took me months of research. I started having lucid dreams the first week of trying after having literally none. Here is the link to my blog https://investinsuccessblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/the-ultimate-lucid-dream-method/ thanks guys :D

If you enjoyed it turn the post notifications on so you know when ai add to it.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 11 Jun 2018 14:42

Today is Monday it has been three full Days going on the fourth since I’ve messed with lucid dreaming and the results I’m beginning to feel and get are quite interesting. For example at night I’ve slept longer, the quality of my sleep has improved (it was the way it is now for a long time I just didn’t realize my sleeping quality was lacking a bit until now), and interestingly my dream recall is rebounding a lot. Like today I woke up remembering a full dream that I have to say was actually a really awesome dream because while I wasn’t lucid it was very vivid and had a cool plot and again while I wasn’t lucid I did definitely feel a new kind of awareness in my dream. I also remembered some fragments of other dreams maybe the same dream but yeah. One way that I noticed my dream mind was more aware is that I was looking for my suitcase for this really expensive school trip and I thought I left it in the library and when the guy who was helping me was was like no luck huh. I said yeah that sucks but maybe since it’s filled with clothes they have it locked up somewhere. Maybe some of you readers wouldn’t even think twice of that but I’m never usually that aware in my dreams. Another thing that I just now noticed looking back on the dream is I also lightly questioned my reality because I noticed that a lot of my wrestling gear was in the library and I was like weird. I THINk had it not been a dream of adrenaline where I didn’t have a second to stop I would have potentially become lucid. Also after writing this “blog post” my dreams have come in a lot of flashbacks so now it has become I would say two and a half worth of dreams which again may be nothing to most of you, but to me thats a considerable amount especially given the quality. Thanks for reading if you did. I know this was a long post.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 13 Jun 2018 14:36

At this point to anyone who has been struggling with lucid dreaming I strongly advise to take a break. My results have been amazing. My dream recall is now up to a dream and then some every night. THEY are much more vivid and FUN. For example the dream I had tonight It was like a dystopian sort of thing. I have this feeling it’s linked to a book I’ve read I just can’t pinpoint it. So what happened was the was this leader who was pretty harsh and he was picking something up and then one of the guys ended up snapping him with a towel(in the dream it’s a rough equivalent of a whip) and so he ran into the bathroom and I followed and basically everyone tried to gang up and hurt home because it most of what I remember the most vividly is that I gave a kid a swirly (shoved his head in a toilet and flushed) Trust me I’m not a bully but head is was cool to be the bad*ss for once. At this point I have also noticed stress disappearing as well as reappearing. I still feel much healthier but I do miss meditating and plan on doing it after I’m done writing this. This experience has truly helped me to understand where I need to work on my dream awareness and just a ton of things and I really am enjoying it and I hope everyone tries it at some point.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”