Thoughts on my lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ashalli24

Thoughts on my lucid dream

Postby ashalli24 » 03 Jun 2018 17:43

Hey there!!
I had a dream a few years back that I felt was a visitation dream. My husband's father was in my dream. I've never met him! He passed away in 1992 (I was 4; my husband was 11) and I didn't meet my husband until 2009. In my dream I was sitting in an old 80s style lawn chair and we were in a gray cinder block garage. There was a tailgate that was down. He was wearing a white wringer tee that had red on it and he had a wrench in his hand (he was a race car driver) while rubbing the front of his hand on his forehead. He proceeded to engage in a conversation with me. He asked me, "How are my kids?" I said- "they are good. You know you have grandchildren now." He said- "yes I see them everyday." (He had a grin on his face) he asked me- "how is Brandon?" I said- "he's fine." He said- "no he's not." I said- yes he is! Then his demeanor changed to very serious and said no he’s not but tell him i said everything will be okay.” The whole dream was very detailed. I could describe everything about the dream down to the clothes he was wearing. When I told my husband the dream he looked at me funny and said- "Have you ever been inside the house I grew up in?" I replied- no I haven't and you know that. He said- "well that's weird because that sounds like my dad and that's what our garage looked like.” Of course my husband believes that my mind put it together from things I've heard. I've heard a little about him but nothing detailing his actual personality. The topic of him tip toed around a little. It’s a very very delicate topic. my husbands dad passed away during a practice race that his mom was at. His mom and dad were soulmates and it’s very hard for her to talk about him. Any ideas? We have different opinions of this dream!

goldenrose

Re: Thoughts on my lucid dream

Postby goldenrose » 05 Jun 2018 05:43

Very interesting, but I'm not sure what to think of it! Some people would see this as a true "conversation", while others may interpret this as, like your husband said, your brain simply piecing together things you've heard. As for the amount of detail and vividness, I'd personally not write it off as coincidence, but the significance of the dream may vary nonetheless. It's definitely a matter of belief systems as to how it may be interpreted.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

ashalli24

Re: Thoughts on my lucid dream

Postby ashalli24 » 05 Jun 2018 07:27

Thank you for your reply! The crazy thing is I actually had 2 dreams in one. At his final words it looked like someone tapped their finger in water and the ripple effect happened then I look to my left and his great grandmother is there. Never met her either!
It’s a little weird for me because that’s not the only dream I’ve had with someone passed away that I never met! I had a dream in october of last year that really freaked me out! It was my great great grandmother! I’m going to try and attach it on this because I wrote it down. If it doesn’t then I’ll post it here!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”