What is the importance of this?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Clover

What is the importance of this?

Postby Clover » 07 Jun 2018 13:56

So I had a lucid dream today in which I ask my dream to show me something important but I do not understand why it is in important. So I start the lucid dream off in the cavern. I remember my goal to ask my dream to show me something important. When I ask the scene changes and I am in a computer lab. In front of me is a computer. It has a line as if you were about to ask sri or google a question. It starts to talk and I believe it is an audio file from a website. However I cannot hear anything. I am confused by this so I ask the dream for clarification. The space bar button is pressed on the keyboard and what I believe to be audio plays again. Can anyone relate to this or provide a suggestion of why or how this may be important? Perhaps I was supposed to hear the audio?

Edit: It makes sense for me not to hear. I didn't ask to hear something important. I asked to be shown something important. So what is so important about being shown a computer that talks to me like sri. But if I didn't ask to hear something important then why would it show me something that involves the sense of sound?

Summerlander

Re: What is the importance of this?

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jun 2018 22:41

Perhaps finding the truth in this case requires you to ask why the computer imagery was important in your mind, at that time, and you may uncover a ton of memories to be relished.

The sense of sound in that lucid dream might have been the result of you wanting to hear something important---and the sound probably awaiting a paraphrase of the original command.

Lucid dreams are the interaction between the dreamer and the subconscious. Once there is clarification on both sides---the dreamer and the subconscious---the mind can produce a profound sense of coherence, wisdom and epiphanic wonder.

If you ask me, most people think computers play pretty important roles in the modern world. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Clover

Postby Clover » 11 Jun 2018 00:56

Summerlander wrote:Perhaps finding the truth in this case requires you to ask why the computer imagery was important in your mind, at that time, and you may uncover a ton of memories to be relished.

The sense of sound in that lucid dream might have been the result of you wanting to hear something important---and the sound probably awaiting a paraphrase of the original command.

Lucid dreams are the interaction between the dreamer and the subconscious. Once there is clarification on both sides---the dreamer and the subconscious---the mind can produce a profound sense of coherence, wisdom and epiphanic wonder.

If you ask me, most people think computers play pretty important roles in the modern world. 8-)

How should I phrase it so that I can hear. Should I say I want to hear what this computer is saying?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Jun 2018 21:37

Yes.

Establish a simple communication with the dream computer and try to be specific but in a way that a child would understand. Then watch how the dream world responds and question what it means to you. Take off the pressure of expecting or imagining a particular reply---just give the dream absolute freedom to respond. (And you can always tell it, 'Show me more!')

Remember, however, to perform the techniques to maintain and prolong the lucid dream.

There is, of course, the importance of exploring one's mind as an individual. I believe that we all have a degree of originality based on the fact that everybody's perspective is unique. Your whole life is a singularity! Your dream worlds are yours and nobody else's.

Check this out:
https://youtu.be/MrpYNO0cXP4
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Clover

Postby Clover » 17 Jun 2018 01:53

Summerlander wrote:Yes.

Establish a simple communication with the dream computer and try to be specific but in a way that a child would understand. Then watch how the dream world responds and question what it means to you. Take off the pressure of expecting or imagining a particular reply---just give the dream absolute freedom to respond. (And you can always tell it, 'Show me more!')

Remember, however, to perform the techniques to maintain and prolong the lucid dream.

There is, of course, the importance of exploring one's mind as an individual. I believe that we all have a degree of originality based on the fact that everybody's perspective is unique. Your whole life is a singularity! Your dream worlds are yours and nobody else's.

Check this out:
https://youtu.be/MrpYNO0cXP4

I never thought of asking to show more. I will try that next time, thanks.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jun 2018 23:00

Good luck! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Interpretation”