How do you stop controlling your dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Galamane

How do you stop controlling your dreams?

Postby Galamane » 09 Jun 2018 04:24

Hi I've been Lucid dreaming since I was 11 (16 years ago) I control every aspect of my dream and I would like to have a few dreams where I don't, I'm not asking for much all I ask for is to have something happen which I didn't expect, something I didn't make happen anything?

every time I try to have a new dream I have to make everything, every little detail and it's just exhausting, I can go back to old dreams and just continue from there but I have done it for so long now that I have a few dreams where I have practically lived a far chunk of my life.

any help will be nice if you can offer it and I am willing to answer most questions?

Petal

Re: How do you stop controlling your dreams?

Postby Petal » 09 Jun 2018 19:54

My current technique is to set the intention to visualise a news reel, then when I seen similar topics to dreams I had before I know I’m lucid and kind of insert myself into the action. I also when I’m doing reality checks during the day, tell my subconscious to pick up random details for creating random dreamscapes while lucid.
Maybe you could create something similar. Such as a room with a big tv and just keep switching channels at random until you find an interesting one then project your self into that channel.
I used to have a little bit of a similar problem when I used a technical, where I’d walk down a plain corridor and just keep opening doors to see what was behind them. If I didn’t “feed” my subconscious creativity during the day I’d open a door just to find another door then another. I’d get so p’d off I’d just sit in my corridor and sulk till something happed or I’d wake up narked and try again. :roll:
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Galamane

Postby Galamane » 20 Jun 2018 23:56

I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding, every dream I have both day and night is a Lucid dream, when I said I had to build every part of my dreams I mean all of it, nothing is random, I start in a white plane and just shape it, I have to say if the floor is grass or place the hills and rocks and I have to make the air smell like it does, I have to decide how people look and what there accent is like, I have to do everything and I don't know how to stop

Petal

Postby Petal » 11 Jul 2018 00:56

Galamane wrote:I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding, every dream I have both day and night is a Lucid dream, when I said I had to build every part of my dreams I mean all of it, nothing is random, I start in a white plane and just shape it, I have to say if the floor is grass or place the hills and rocks and I have to make the air smell like it does, I have to decide how people look and what there accent is like, I have to do everything and I don't know how to stop

No I did understand you. Maybe I’m not making myself clear. I’m actually envious that you can build from scratch and control so much. I don’t alway manage lucidity it’s true but when I do become lucid it’s always from within a normal non-lucid dream, or I get a single vision of something and start expanding with my lucidity. So dream environments are pretty much pre-made by my subconscious before I even start, then I just kind of knock things around a bit more to my liking. Maybe it’s got something to do with how my concentration or lucidity switches from one thing to other in general. Unexpected things happen as I turn my focus away from something then bring it back. I do this instinctively. I don’t plan or build (very much) my dream environments but I deliberately adjust them and act within them. They feel real and change independly from me before I become fully lucid. I suppose I let myself wonder through some kind of semi lucid environment. I let my subconscious make up stuff, while (I) the lucid/conscious part explores it. When I’m having a very good lucid experience everything looks, feels and behaves in a similar way to reality expect the details are often very odd but I know I’m dreaming and I can change any detail I like or behave any way I want to. Best explanation I can give, sorry I guess that’s not much help. If it make you feel better, I have no idea how to build from scratch. I think that’s pretty awesome and sometimes when I’m lucid in a dream that going pear shaped I wish I had that kind of control. Sometimes I’m in a lucid dream and I think well this sucks and there is no way I can change it enough to make it better so I just go out of it and try again.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”