i want to see.....

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Ali

i want to see.....

Postby Ali » 14 Jun 2018 19:46

When I think of someone I want to see in my dream/lucid dream I can not see that person,but when i stop thinking of that person than after few days it appears suddenly, what is the reason behind this problem and how to see who I want to see or meet in my dream..!

SpaceTimeBadass

Re: i want to see.....

Postby SpaceTimeBadass » 13 Jul 2018 16:47

Ali wrote:When I think of someone I want to see in my dream/lucid dream I can not see that person,but when i stop thinking of that person than after few days it appears suddenly, what is the reason behind this problem and how to see who I want to see or meet in my dream..!

Your post was brief, so I don't know if I get you exactly, but I take this question to mean you're trying to incubate a dream of a specific person. Not whether you're dedicating thought to this throughout the day or if you're attempting to make them appear in the dream whilst already lucid. If you're trying to incubate during the day, then it might be interesting to you to know that we typically dream about people and events very similar to those we've experienced in life up to 2 weeks after whatever it as occurred. So, when you have dreams that are very much like something that happened or you were thinking about a few days ago, then one hypothesis is that it's your brain consolidating the memory from short to long term.

You might have more luck with dream control than incubation, or you might have even meant that. So, in a lucid dream, there are many ways to get people to appear. I like to make it a game and think of that person and tell myself that they're somewhere nearby waiting for me. Then I just walk around looking for them in random places (you'd be amazed that you can even pull people out of drawers or pockets. Or you can tell yourself they're right behind you, behind a door, around the next corner, etc. You can walk around looking for them calling their name. Many things to try, but as with all control it helps a great deal if you have a clear goal stated to yourself in the dream and try to make that happen with confidence and intention, no guesswork "I'll try to do it" stuff, just do it because you know you can, if that makes sense.
Oneironaut, Writer, & Content Creator. Fan of science, reason, and consciousness exploration.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”