First WILD attempt, was I close?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
HMBB

First WILD attempt, was I close?

Postby HMBB » 20 Jun 2018 16:19

Id just awoken from a nap and vaguely remembered having a dream so I assumed i was in REM, so after lots of reading on LD i decided to give WILD ago, i tried to meditate but i kept drifting off and after just a few minutes of this id get a very strong feeling that i'd shifted my hand or moved my leg before quickly realising I hadn't

After a while i had this sensation that jolted me aware from my half asleep state (whilst remaining completely still) where i half remembered that i had just watched/dreamt something (It was very much like the feeling where you know you've had a dream but cannot recall any detail).

At this point where i suddenly felt my entire body strong fully tingle, as if every muscle was being stretched simultaneously, I had previously read that going into sleep paralysis felt like someone had just rolled a metal blanket over you so I sort of assumed it was that, at this point a sudden urge to swallow occurred to the point where my body involuntary did it.
I realised that this had ruined the attempt so i gave up but i was not in Sleep para because I moved with ease.

Was the dream state i was in a sign i was close, the same with the sudden sensation? ( i dont particularly believe this theory as i have never before awoken with my eyes still closed as happened here)?

Solaris_142

Re: First WILD attempt, was I close?

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Jul 2018 17:43

HMBB wrote:Id just awoken from a nap and vaguely remembered having a dream so I assumed i was in REM, so after lots of reading on LD i decided to give WILD ago, i tried to meditate but i kept drifting off and after just a few minutes of this id get a very strong feeling that i'd shifted my hand or moved my leg before quickly realising I hadn't

After a while i had this sensation that jolted me aware from my half asleep state (whilst remaining completely still) where i half remembered that i had just watched/dreamt something (It was very much like the feeling where you know you've had a dream but cannot recall any detail).

At this point where i suddenly felt my entire body strong fully tingle, as if every muscle was being stretched simultaneously, I had previously read that going into sleep paralysis felt like someone had just rolled a metal blanket over you so I sort of assumed it was that, at this point a sudden urge to swallow occurred to the point where my body involuntary did it.
I realised that this had ruined the attempt so i gave up but i was not in Sleep para because I moved with ease.

Was the dream state i was in a sign i was close, the same with the sudden sensation? ( i dont particularly believe this theory as i have never before awoken with my eyes still closed as happened here)?

Sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming I wake up with my eyes still closed. Probably because I'm lucid and I'm consciously trying not to wake up. The dream will sometimes fade to black and I'll be laying there awake but with my eyes closed.

To answer your question. Yes. you were in that stage of drifting off to sleep. You can start to feel all sorts of odd and fascinating physical sensations during it. I love that feeling. Sometimes like a huge space opens up inside me. Or like I'm sinking through the floor or spinning or floating. Or kind of going numb like that mental blanket you mentioned. That is a good anolagy for that feeling.

You might experience the hypno jerk. I never knew what it was or that it was a common thing until reading on forums of other people experiencing it too. It's very bizarre. Doesn't hurt but startles you. It's a sudden random powerful spasm that just hits you like a hammer or bolt of lightning. Like I mentioned doesn't hurt at all but is startling since it's random and unexpected. Makes you go "wtf" lol.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”