My difference in WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Mcanijo

My difference in WILD

Postby Mcanijo » 21 Jun 2018 18:02

Hello, I am a new lucid dream formum member and I would like to share with you an experience that not many lucid dreamers get. In the phase where you start seeing colors and shapes, I also get a deep voice talking random words in different languages (I am bilingual). It says things like: "tomorrow's weather cast is going to be sheep and coca-cola while everyone loves birds flying in the countryside". The voice doesn't belong to anyone I know. It might be funny, but if I listen to it, laugh or try to interpret it I have to restart all the process. Are any of you getting something similar while trying to lucid dream?

Passport1993

Re: My difference in WILD

Postby Passport1993 » 22 Jun 2018 02:15

That hasn't happened to me yet, but I've heard stories of it occurring. Its all part of the transference from reality to dream. Some see hallucinations. Its all about beliefs, I believe. If someone expects or anticipates an occurrence while attempting a WILD, they will get that result. Just like when someone enters the lucid dream and gains some control. Emotions have something to do with it too. If one is fearful of the transference, they will likely see scary images as a result.

Solaris_142

Re: My difference in WILD

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Jul 2018 18:29

Mcanijo wrote:Hello, I am a new lucid dream formum member and I would like to share with you an experience that not many lucid dreamers get. In the phase where you start seeing colors and shapes, I also get a deep voice talking random words in different languages (I am bilingual). It says things like: "tomorrow's weather cast is going to be sheep and coca-cola while everyone loves birds flying in the countryside". The voice doesn't belong to anyone I know. It might be funny, but if I listen to it, laugh or try to interpret it I have to restart all the process. Are any of you getting something similar while trying to lucid dream?

You are experiencing audio halucinations while you are trying to WILD. It's pretty common. I get them all the time. I get anything from random sounds or music to voices speaking sentences like you describe. What's really odd is when you hear a random voice shout your name really loud in your head. That happens to me now and then and I've read about that happening to other people as well.

When I'm trying to WILD I can kind of sort of control if I want to get visual or audio first. If I want to start hearing the audio I will try to completely silent my own verbal thought and just relax and focus on listening. And the sounds will start to come. And if I want to focus more on the visuals I do the opposite. I will relax and just watch the patterns in the darkness behind my closed eyelids the vague shapes and lights swirling around that gradually form into full blown images and dream scenes.

I once explained to a friend of mine that is very religious how I do this. He says to me. "Aren't you worried you will become possessed?" lol. Funny the way people think sometimes.

My answer to his question was. "I've been going to sleep my entire life and it has not caused me to become possessed yet. Why would I become possesessed just because I'm aware as I fall asleep?"
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”