How to become lucid after realizing something isn’t right in a dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jewsef Penny

How to become lucid after realizing something isn’t right in a dream

Postby Jewsef Penny » 27 Jun 2018 16:42

There have been numerous times where I realized something isn’t right in a dream, but made some excuse for why it was there, for example, last night I had a dream that my car was lowering itself, then lifting itself back to its original position, so I checked underneath the car and saw what looked like a lemon juicer that was the size of a bucket attached underneath my car that was crooked from hitting the ground, I knew something wasn’t right about it, but didn’t think much of it, how do I encourage myself to perform a reality check after obscene moments like this?

Solaris_142

Re: How to become lucid after realizing something isn’t right in a dream

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Jul 2018 16:30

Jewsef Penny wrote:There have been numerous times where I realized something isn’t right in a dream, but made some excuse for why it was there, for example, last night I had a dream that my car was lowering itself, then lifting itself back to its original position, so I checked underneath the car and saw what looked like a lemon juicer that was the size of a bucket attached underneath my car that was crooked from hitting the ground, I knew something wasn’t right about it, but didn’t think much of it, how do I encourage myself to perform a reality check after obscene moments like this?

Ha funny. A giant lemon juicer stuck to the bottom of your car. Nice. :)

To answer your question your are not very likely to be able to always recognize every weird thing that is off in your dreams. If I could I'd be lucid all the time because pretty much everything is off in my dreams all the time. You just have to keep working at it and eventually you will notice something and remember to RC. Or maybe you won't even need to RC and you will just realize it. It just takes a while. Have to be persistant and patient. It helps if you can always reember to reality check when you see something odd in waking life.

You might be able to eventually start picking up on recuring dreamsigns. Things that you notice that are coming up frequently. Then with luck if you see that particular thing happen in your dream you might remember that kind of thing happens in your dreams. And then remember to do a reality check.

One example of a recurring one for me: A new one that I'm trying to catch. At a new job that I've had the last two years there are machhines with digital timers on them. There has been a couple of times when in reality the power went out on the timers and the machines got messed up ruining the product. Now almost every time I have a dream that I'm at my job those timers malfunction and I'm freaking out about the product getting ruined. So now in waking life when I'm at my job I'm always trying to remember to look at those timers. Both to make sure they are working so the prodcut does not get ruined again. And also in preperation to RC when they malfunction because I very well could be dreaming when that happens. With any luck one of these nights I'm going to have that work dream, rememmebr to RC and get lucid.

And I really love getting lucid during work dreams it's always fun. And I'm not getting paid to work in my dreams so it's awesome being able to realize it, drop what I'm doing and do something much more fun instead! :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”