What should i expect with palm reality check

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
99 lives

What should i expect with palm reality check

Postby 99 lives » 06 Sep 2012 11:01

Im quite new to lucid dreaming, and i have been performing the palm check reality check (checking your palms to see if anythings off) among others. i haven't had a lucid dream yet, so what should i expect to be strange when i check my palms in a dream, what kind of differences are there?

Bleekman117

Re: What should i expect with palm reality check

Postby Bleekman117 » 06 Sep 2012 18:07

I assume by "checking your palms" you mean try to push your fingers through your other hand. In a lucid dream, your fingers could very well go straight through your hand. I myself have never actually had me fingers go through my hand, but i pushed them into my palm and it looked like i was pushing them through a rubber hand because my palm pushed out the other side so far. But try not to rely on just one reality check because I have had this reality check fail on me before... Do a couple every time you do a reality check. If you don't know any more, just look on the site. There's a big list of them.
The mind is a beautiful thing

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 Sep 2012 21:17

Bleekman117 wrote:I myself have never actually had me fingers go through my hand, but i pushed them into my palm and it looked like i was pushing them through a rubber hand because my palm pushed out the other side so far.

This is exactly what happens to me when i do that check in a dream haha :)
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Sep 2012 23:33

When I do this test in a dream, the result is exactly the same as doing waking life. For me the number of fingers on my hand is never 5, and always changes. When it comes to reality checks, you have find what works for you and ultimately it's based on what you believe/expect to happen.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

99 lives

Postby 99 lives » 07 Sep 2012 07:26

No, i meant examining your palms, to see if anything is strange, not pushing your fingers through them.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 07 Sep 2012 23:01

Honestly, no idea. I have never heard of somebody just looking at their palms for a reality check. Unless you have some sort of specific markings on your palms that would tell you it is a dream. You are just looking for anything out of the ordinary.
For example, I have a tattoo on my wrist that I use for a reality check. It say "Is this a dream". Last time it succeeded as a reality check in a dream, I looked at it, looked away, looked back and watched it morph into three greek letters.
You are just looking for anything out of the ordinary that would prove that you are dreaming
The mind is a beautiful thing

99 lives

Postby 99 lives » 07 Sep 2012 23:41

Yeah, it was in Rebecca's article about reality checks.

Return to “For Beginners”