Glitch City

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jack Reacher

Glitch City

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Sep 2012 20:33

I wasn't planning on having a lucid dream last night, but I drank a lot of water before going to bed and it woke me up at 3:30 am, so I thought I may as well concentrate on doing a WILD since im up so early. Ended up having many vivid dreams, and a few short non lucids. Every time I had a non lucid I would try flying, but it was still too early and it wasn't stable enough for flying and I would just wake up, the scener would become the HI once again.

Anyway on my final lucid dream I decided to walk around a bit before trying to fly. Eventually it became so vivid that I started questioning whether it was a dream anymore. So I looked in a mirror and saw myself hunched over, I couldnt straighten my back in the mirror no matter what so I realised it must be a dream. I then held my nose and tried to breathe through it, yup I felt air and I instantly realised I was dreaming.

Ok heres where it gets interesting. I was outside at this point in this garden where the dream had taken place the entire time, it had moved from a classroom to this very large garden area with a big wall around it. I tried to fly into space but it seemed to ambitious, so I simply levitated and that seemed to work fine. I levitated over the wall to see the outside world and what I saw was just amazing.

It was Glitch City, something my friend coined from playing pokemon when he showed me this Glitch City, a place where the game is just completely glitched. Some of you other gamers may know it as Blue Hell from GTA, where you fall through the map and everythign is just clear, or blue, and you see buildingins and items floating in the void.

Anyway when I rose over the wall this song started playing ( listen to it while reading, its Any Colour You Like)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbKAh3zJmH8

As the wall and the garden dissapeared from my view I saw an entire city, but there were no roads. It was just a pure blank space, if any of you have seen Dark City it felt like that, but this is much different. The entire thing was just white, there was no sky, no space, no ground. Just a huge white void. In the void were buildings and even cities but they were all placed in random coordinates in the XYZ plane, that is one building would be completely isolated by itself and another would be placed like way above it, below it or to the side of it, not everything was on one flat plane, it was all over the place. They were all buildings and landmarks from my subconscious, if I looked at each one I would recognise it. It was like looking at a map of my subconscious, I would even see streets that I knew really well just hovering in the void not going anywhere.

As I tried to explore it the dream crashed and I woke up with the song still in my head, was a great feeling.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Glitch City

Postby Peter » 18 Sep 2012 20:40

Awesome dream, the scenes and places that get created are amazing and you gave a wicked description of what you were seeing.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Re: Glitch City

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Sep 2012 20:49

Thanks, the music from Pink Floyd that was in my head also really set the mood for me, it felt amazing because it was just so huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-XiMU4_Vc

Skip to 3:20 for an example of what I mean, but instead of the background being blue it was white and there were like hundreds of buildings all in random parts of space
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”