Vibrations and SP Troubles

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Vibrations and SP Troubles

Postby KylePK » 21 Sep 2012 07:15

Well, troubles isn't quite the best title but it will do. I get SP whenever I make my attempts, I can induce it rather quickly. However, its not literal paralysis. its more like a heavy feeling that I could break out of if I wanted to. Once this sets in, after a bit of time and focusing of my mind awake body asleep mantra, or just on my third eye region, I get a bout of vibrations. Sometimes they are light and go away, sometimes they are incredibly heavy and intense.

So here are my questions, hopefully someone can give me some insight.

1) Do I need to be in a deeper sleep paralytic state somehow?
2) Why does it seem that the vibrations hit suddenly when there is a split second of 0 thoughts in my mind? Sometimes my mind goes completely silent for a moment and I almost have to think back, "Wait, what was that?" because my mind was literally empty for a moment, it feels like I have almost "forgotten" that instant in time.
3) Why do I get heavy or even light vibrations that can last up to 5 minutes, but don't lead anywhere? I can get myself into vibrations without fail much of the time, but I can't transition into the dream state. I feel like my own mind is preventing me from entering my dreams, even though no fear or discontent with the experience is present.
4) Lastly, and on a somewhat unrelated note, what does it mean if I am having dreams about lucid dreaming? Dreams where I do a RC and claim lucidity in the dream but never actually become lucid, and dreams where I go into a lucid dream (not true lucid) whilst inside of a dream. Dreaming of doing a WILD and then being in another dream, inside the original dream. This stuff drives me crazy when I wake up and I don't understand how I haven't achieved lucidity from all of this!

Okay, that was a lot. ANY feedback on ANY of the issues would be greatly appreciated. I will continue my attempts as usual because my WILD attempts and crazy dreams are entertaining and I enjoy them, however I would love to resolve this slight hiccup.

If I could just transition into the dream... I could lucid dream on command. So close!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Jack Reacher

Re: Vibrations and SP Troubles

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Sep 2012 07:26

Im in a very similar place as you, occasionally I will have a few days where I get extremely intense buzzing sensations while trying to WILD, at first it can kind of freak you out as it feels kinda dangerous, but other times I try and go with it, usually nothing happens.

However one time I paid attention to the HI (blackness, dots etc) while the buzzing happened and I was like zapped into a weird void with walls or orange numbers flying everywhere, I didnt have a body and I didnt even have a position where I was viewing it from, im not even sure if it was 2D or 3D, or if it even had a dimension to it, it was just... strange.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 21 Sep 2012 08:04

Jack Reacher wrote: However one time I paid attention to the HI (blackness, dots etc) while the buzzing happened and I was like zapped into a weird void with walls or orange numbers flying everywhere, I didnt have a body and I didnt even have a position where I was viewing it from, im not even sure if it was 2D or 3D, or if it even had a dimension to it, it was just... strange.

Oooh sounds like fractals. I am going to try that tonight. I have a really rough time visualizing dreamscape... my imagination visualization skill is horrid. When I read books, I can't fathom distance or spacial seperation. Its like I have imagination depth perception problems hahaha its weird. Anyway. Ima try what you said, focusing on the HI, or in my usual case, the blackness. Thats what I do with the third eye bit sometimes.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Sep 2012 08:32

Yeah its cool when your 3rd eye and the blackness become one, sometimes I cant distinguish them. Basically try and imagine the blackness in your minds eye. Also you need to fool yourself into seeing illusions, for example drawing a cube on 2D paper creates the illusion of a 3D object only if you let your mind trick yourself into thinking its 3D. Basically when looking at HI simply by connecting the dots you can create some really interesting 3D objects, and eventually the entire thing, your entire conscious experience becomes just a face or a side in the shape as it constantly changes, and the entire thing just becomes abstract, and eventually turns into a dream and you cant get back to your body.

Anyway as for visualisation, I dont actually try and choose what I visualise. What I do is keep my mind blank and focused on the present, the moment, for as long as possible and simply observe the thoughts and images that come into my minds eye, they just force their way in. Some of them can be extremely profound and you can get lost in them and forget what they were instantly. Being able to focus and observe these images is the key to having a WILD, imo.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 21 Sep 2012 09:45

Not really a helpful reply, but I once had those vibrations while inducing a WILD and it scared the *beep* out of me. I wasn't expecting it and jolted awake.
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 21 Sep 2012 20:04

The only problem Jack is that I don't get HI. My HI IS the dreamlets, little dream bits that force their way into my mind. Usually I just observe and that helps. I guess I just haven't been able to follow them all the way into the dream yet. But yeah, I found that to be very odd, that I never actual see HI fractals or anything.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 24 Sep 2012 03:32

KylePK wrote:The only problem Jack is that I don't get HI. My HI IS the dreamlets, little dream bits that force their way into my mind. Usually I just observe and that helps. I guess I just haven't been able to follow them all the way into the dream yet. But yeah, I found that to be very odd, that I never actual see HI fractals or anything.

that's fine, but when these "dreamlets" start to come through just immerse your waking self in them. doesn't have to be patterns or anything stereotypical

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 24 Sep 2012 06:42

Yeah, thats what I try to do. Any tips on stopping my mind from periodically jumping back to my body? I will be all into the dreamlets, and forget about my body for some time, then my mind jumps back and I realize I am laying in bed. I can't ever stop that from happening, it leads me to think I am almost too aware and I need to be more tired or something.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 24 Sep 2012 11:09

KylePK

could you go here and read my reply #40 and PJ's reply to my questions.

http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php/topic,3842.msg135893.html#new

1. You don't need to be in any sort of sleep paralysis to WILD.

2) Why does it seem that the vibrations hit suddenly when there is a split second of 0 thoughts in my mind? Sometimes my mind goes completely silent for a moment and I almost have to think back, "Wait, what was that?" because my mind was literally empty for a moment, it feels like I have almost "forgotten" that instant in time.

You may be entering a delta brain wave state and triggering REM muscle atonia, Delta sleep normally precedes RMA and you could be triggering it unintentionally. Most people who can consciously enter delta states don't then enter vibrations though.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 24 Sep 2012 21:00

I can't view that link. But I thought you had to be in sleep paraylsis to WILD otherwise you would act out your dreams? And is it good that I can consciously enter delta states? I'm really confused :P

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”