The "Pop" into Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Notoriou

The "Pop" into Lucidity

Postby Notoriou » 23 Sep 2012 09:00

When I have a normal dream, I always remember it but never can recall it as though I am reliving it in the present tense, but when I become lucid I seem to be able to recall the dream in the present tense before and during lucidity. So, what are the specifics for your lucid vs non-lucid dream recall, past or present tense?

Sir_Serix

Re: The "Pop" into Lucidity

Postby Sir_Serix » 23 Sep 2012 13:50

Notoriou wrote:When I have a normal dream, I always remember it but never can recall it as though I am reliving it in the present tense, but when I become lucid I seem to be able to recall the dream in the present tense before and during lucidity. So, what are the specifics for your lucid vs non-lucid dream recall, past or present tense?

I would recommend you present, just because you're like 'reliving' the dream. Are you new to journals? If you are, all you need is practice.If not, try to wake up on your REM stage for writing your dream or to focus on your dream before starting everything.
LDs are easy to remember, as they're a very exciting experience and you waking mind (the one that stores memories) is more immersed that in normal dreams.
Hope it helps !

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Sep 2012 06:03

Notoriou wrote:When I have a normal dream, I always remember it but never can recall it as though I am reliving it in the present tense, but when I become lucid I seem to be able to recall the dream in the present tense before and during lucidity. So, what are the specifics for your lucid vs non-lucid dream recall, past or present tense?

Lucid dreams have memories which are very similar to waking life memories, they differ significantly from normal dream memories. So you are actually living the dream in the present tense and you also have past tense memories. Normal dreams have more of just the past tense memory.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 25 Sep 2012 22:52

As stated by lucidinthesky, my lucid dreams are like real memories...present tense experiences rather than vague past tense memories. To me the experience is recalled like any real experience...which makes you wonder what is considered as being part of reality?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Sep 2012 03:00

rothgar wrote:As stated by lucidinthesky, my lucid dreams are like real memories...present tense experiences rather than vague past tense memories. To me the experience is recalled like any real experience...which makes you wonder what is considered as being part of reality?

After having these super-real lucid dreams where you can walk around inside a dream and touch things, you have to redefine reality because the old definition isn't big enough.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”