Loud wind in my ears

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ella151

Loud wind in my ears

Postby Ella151 » 06 Feb 2013 07:45

I always take about an hour to fall asleep when I go to bed. Last night, 2/4/13, I was tossing and turning as usual trying to get comfortable, trying to turn off my brain and just go to sleep. I felt like I was still wide- awake and almost instantly, my whole body became heavy, like all the muscles relaxed all at once. I felt like my mind was still alert, though. Suddenly, it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel, or something. It was like wind was rushing through my ears and it was so loud it was terrifying. I tried to sit up to figure out what was going on but I could not move at all. I couldn’t even open my eyes. All I wanted to do was make the noise stop. Even though I was paralyzed and frightened, I also felt sexually aroused. I felt a jolt through my body and then I was able to open my eyes and the noise stopped. It felt like I was vibrating/ pulsating from my head to my toes and I was afraid to go back to sleep but my body still felt heavy and I was too tired to move, even though I wanted to get up. Suddenly it was like I was pulled back to sleep instantly and the noise started again. Like before, I could not open my eyes or move and I was petrified. I jolted awake again and the entire process repeated itself once more before I was able to fall asleep for real. After the second time that it happened, I saw a young girl chewing on my blanket. She was staring at me with huge green eyes, her skin was gray, her teeth were broken and black and her hair was very thin, black and wirey. I wasn’t as afraid of her as I was of the noises because I knew that I had imagined her. This has been happening like once every two months (minus the visual of the girl, I only saw her this time.) Does anyone else hear the terrifying wind when they try to fall asleep?

Intrepid

Re: Loud wind in my ears

Postby Intrepid » 06 Feb 2013 13:27

Those would be the tell-tale signs of sleep paralysis. It's the half-way point between asleep and awake in which your body is beginning to shut down your motor skills that the sounds and sensations are most common. I've heard phantom voices, vibrations, wind, doors shutting...it's unique and amazing. Embrace it :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2013 16:04

Sounds like you are on the verge of having an astral projection (out of body experience). Ive got the wind experience like that when im about to OBE. I too find that wind very unsettling. (even worst it at times starts pelting things at me which hurt as they hit). If you can ignore it and relax.. you may find yourself out and able to go and explore astral plane.

The little girl.. is probably just one of the images which come between the sleep/wake states as the other poster said. (Ive forgotten now exactly the name for those images)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

BrandonUnknown

Postby BrandonUnknown » 19 Jan 2018 02:28

Okay so I had to search this up straight away and this is the only post I found but listen to this. Okay so I was in bed slowly falling asleep and as I am actually asleep I realise it’s a dream right so I know I’m dreaming (this has actually never happened to me before) so I was like oh wow this is cool at first it was just me sitting there with a few friends you know then it’s me near a park and I start running super fucking fast which took me by surprise and I bounced off of a bush IN MY DREAM.

This is the most crazy part though because I finally thought okay this has gone on for a while now maybe I need to wake up right so I force myself to wake up and as I open my eyes it feels like they’re open but not at the same time I can’t describe it, it was kinda like a outter body experience but not. So as I open my eyes I hear this loud wind noise like a hurracaine or something and feel like something is pulling me down onto my bed like a magnet which really scared me then I woke up pretty freaked after like a few seconds

Let me know if this has happened to anyone

promo

Postby promo » 26 Jan 2018 09:10

BrandonUnknown wrote:and feel like something is pulling me down onto my bed like a magnet which really scared me then I woke up pretty freaked after like a few seconds

Definitely a sleep paralysis symptom, welcome to the beginning chapters of getting your dream abilities. ;)

If any dark entities appear during those experiences you can call upon Jesus and your guardians to protect/free you. After that you should have no issues as long as you keep your aura cleansed of negative energy.

If there are no entities around during the paralysis don't worry, that type of transition happens from occasionally but the more you experience it they quicker/easier it will be for you to avoid it and/or free yourself from it.

Kinkajou93

Postby Kinkajou93 » 03 Feb 2018 12:06

Hi there,

What you experienced was sleep paralysis. It is not dangerous at all, in fact it happens to you every time you go to sleep. You see, when you fall asleep, certain neurotransmitters are activated which causes your muscles to become paralsyed. This is so that you don't physically act out your dreams and endangee yourself, and a flaw in this process is partly what causes sleep walking and similar conditions.

Sometimes though, for whatever reason, usually if your circadian rhythm is being disturbed by awkward sleep patterns such as jet lag etc, this system will fall out of sync and your muscles enter paralysis before your brain shifts to sleep status...your body effectively falls asleep before you do.

I have had this myself too many times to count, but I have very rarely had hallucinations. I think that's because I am not scared of it and just relax.
In fact, much of the time, what you are seeing isn't actually in your room at all, your mind has just reproduced your surroundings very accurately and you may notice when you wake up that things are in different places within your room than in the hallucination.

Next time, relax and go with it. Keep your eyes closed and focus on what you want to dream, because this is a gateway into lucid dreaming.

Hope this provided a background into what you experienced. Thanks for sharing!

Dream_weaver

Postby Dream_weaver » 29 Mar 2018 02:22

BrandonUnknown wrote:Okay so I had to search this up straight away and this is the only post I found but listen to this. Okay so I was in bed slowly falling asleep and as I am actually asleep I realise it’s a dream right so I know I’m dreaming (this has actually never happened to me before) so I was like oh wow this is cool at first it was just me sitting there with a few friends you know then it’s me near a park and I start running super fucking fast which took me by surprise and I bounced off of a bush IN MY DREAM.

This is the most crazy part though because I finally thought okay this has gone on for a while now maybe I need to wake up right so I force myself to wake up and as I open my eyes it feels like they’re open but not at the same time I can’t describe it, it was kinda like a outter body experience but not. So as I open my eyes I hear this loud wind noise like a hurracaine or something and feel like something is pulling me down onto my bed like a magnet which really scared me then I woke up pretty freaked after like a few seconds

Let me know if this has happened to anyone

Congratulations Brandon!!
Do not fear!
The Lord is trying to get your attention! You’ve been selected; for seemingly no reason at all the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, the God of Moses has selected you to hear Him. I think you’re ready to get to know HIM on a personal level or He would not have revealed Himself to you like this! Maybe I sound crazy, but you’re hearing phantom hurricanes (keep that in mind—I don’t think it’s crazy, but I’ve had more time and I’ve come to accept it as reality).
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and no man comes to the Father but through Him! (John 14:6) “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10) He’s so real and I’m so glad He’s answering my personal prayers! Yes, I’ve prayed He’d begin filling rooms of other people and pouring out His Spirit with His Rushing Wind. It wasn’t fair that only I experience him like this. We are living in the last days! He is pouring out His Spirit as He said He would! If you don’t believe me, go to sleep and have another experience lol! But please, for your own records, make a note of the date and time of these occurrences. One of the Holy Spirit’s main descriptions is a great Rushing Wind. I’ve heard it too! It’s like a hurricane minus the actual wind, or a train minus the train and train tracks! I just heard Him (for the Holy Spirit is a being Himself indeed and a male being and not an “it”).
I truly think this is God reaching out to you because of the bush (Moses’ burning bush moment), and the Rushing Wind. Look, the Bible has had His description for thousands of years as such, don’t discredit Him simply because the times have changed! He still works in the same ways He’s always worked. Dreams, visions, and yes, even out of body experiences (of which seeker friendly churches have no experience because the Holy Spirit is not in them so they have no understanding).
Repent, and be saved. Repent and I bet you get shown heavenly visions from God Himself. Unless that sort of thing doesn’t appeal to you. His sheep know His voice. It’s inexplicable but it’s true. If you ever hear His voice you know who is speaking immediately.
Also, do not be fooled. It is not a fun thing to be out of your body. It is dangerous for several reasons, one of which should be obvious. Demonic possession is a main reason to be concerned. Also we are virtually powerless apart from Jesus. Those demons are monstrously large and strong and they exist on that astral plane (which is why you were being put back in your body by the Holy Spirit). God knows it’s not good for us, and you were being pulled on to your bed being put back in your body most likely.
Also, I’ve been out of body and I’ve had so many experiences with demons that I know for certain thoughts ARE NOT JUST thoughts. Thoughts in the Spirit Realm are audible for all to hear as though you are speaking normally or shouting. Be careful of ALL your thoughts ALWAYS and don’t actively try to leave your body. You’re safest inside your body but remember that one day, you will have to permanently leave it. Be sure you know where you’re going.

God is real. Jesus died for our sins. The Holy Spirit is alive and thriving in the world ever drawing sinners to repentance. I know it all sounds cliché, but you just experienced God for yourself. You don’t have any solid proof He exists though, just your experience. Remember that. He reveals Himself to us when we’re ready for Him. Next time, don’t be terrified.
The lie is there is no God and we all came from monkeys and love is love; but Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit all exist.
I’ll be continuing my prayers to randomly pour His Spirit out into the world as He said He would in the last days.
“In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.” (Acts 2:17)
Next time there’s Rushing Wind, broach the consciousness of God (the Holy Spirit) with your own. You will see He means you no harm. Like fireworks, He’s loud and yet won’t hurt you but will never backfire lol.
For best results I highly suggest reciting the sinner’s prayer but ask for a filling of His Holy Spirit too.
Then open a Bible (or go to biblehub.com) and let it come alive for you.
It’s funny that you keep speeding toward God but bouncing off “God” (the bush). I wonder if this is a metaphor for your walk with Him. Maybe each time you get close to knowing God personally, you bounce away for whatever reason? Try not to bounce away! God doesn’t bite.
I would not have replied had you not described the wind as a hurricane. That’s what I heard too. I’m just glad I’m no longer alone with these amazing God experiences! God is good. You are an answer to prayer! I hope you feel small and used :D I feel that way all the time now!
I pray He continues to draw you by His Spirit and you come to have a deeper understanding and knowledge of our wonderful Father!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”