Anyone convince a DC that they were dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vonozar

Anyone convince a DC that they were dreaming?

Postby Vonozar » 16 Mar 2013 06:05

If so, what happened afterwards? I did this once by accident. I did a reality check and was so shocked at the results I gasped "Oh my gosh, I'm dreaming!" pretty loudly. A DC of one of my friends who I introduced lucid dreaming to heard me and did a reality check and said "I'm dreaming too!" Then she got really excited and I woke up... :/ But has anyone else ever done this or something like it?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Re: Anyone convince a DC that they were dreaming?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Mar 2013 19:37

I told one of my DCs that you can if you're dreaming by looking at your hands and counting the fingers. I looked at mine and said that I was dreaming. Then she looked at hers and started crying she was so excited. "I'm dreaming too!" she said. Said the same to another DC in a different LD and that DC said, "Well you know my eyes just aren't that good."
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 16 Mar 2013 20:17

I once was so glad i was dreaming that i was on a street telling all the people that they were dreaming too.
I told my 2 brothers and they decided to go explore the region. I then told to other people i met on the street that they were dreaming and could fly. It was so funny watching them jumping, trying to fly.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Mar 2013 21:28

I don't get this.

Surely, the only one doing the dreaming is the dreamer. Everything else is all you. The lucid dream is in your mind and you don't really have anyone to convince of the act of dreaming. It is all "mind stuff" that can take any shape, colour or form. You might as well try to convince a rock that it is dreaming, and it will have a face and talk back at you if you want it to.

Likewise, you can also have a dream person behave sentiently and look at you in disbelief at the mention that it is all just a dream. Of course you can, because, this too can be expected and imagined...

Ola meu amigo Highlander! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Mar 2013 00:13

Of course we are creating all the dialogue for the DCs in our dreams, but it's just interesting that the dialogues we create can be so different from one dream to next. In one dream a DC will say one thing, in the next it's the opposite. It's very interesting to say the least. Our minds are amazing things!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2013 03:22

Summerlander wrote:I don't get this.

Surely, the only one doing the dreaming is the dreamer. Everything else is all you. The lucid dream is in your mind and you don't really have anyone to convince of the act of dreaming. It is all "mind stuff" that can take any shape, colour or form. You might as well try to convince a rock that it is dreaming, and it will have a face and talk back at you if you want it to.

Likewise, you can also have a dream person behave sentiently and look at you in disbelief at the mention that it is all just a dream. Of course you can, because, this too can be expected and imagined...

Ola meu amigo Highlander! :mrgreen:

Even when the parts are all just really us.... .its still fun to mess around with cause of the unpredictability of things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Mar 2013 03:49

taniaaust1 wrote: Even when the parts are all just really us.... .its still fun to mess around with cause of the unpredictability of things.

Right, you can't take it too literally: ruins the fun and makes it boring :( .

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 17 Mar 2013 07:57

Highlander wrote:. I then told to other people i met on the street that they were dreaming and could fly. It was so funny watching them jumping, trying to fly.

That would be fun to watch! XD Last night I had a lucid dream and I told the DC of my dad tat he was just put there by my subconscious. He burst out laughing while saying "subconscious, right." in the middle of fits of laughter. I thought that was pretty interesting. It's fun seeing how differently our dream characters can respond to something.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 18 Mar 2013 07:01

Vonozar wrote:If so, what happened afterwards?

I did once, but, in a non lucid dream, I told him he was dreaming, and told him to calm down and taught him the stabilizing techniques. After a little time he asked me, How do you realize you are dreaming!
and I said proudly that I just do.
Do a reality check

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”