this morning's LD; I accomplish my goals

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

this morning's LD; I accomplish my goals

Postby mia » 28 Apr 2013 15:35

So I have made some discoveries.
Early this am as I was getting up to go to the bathroom, and I saw my cat and gave him some pets ( I was all groggy and 'half asleep' ), it occurred to me in a half hearted way that I could do a reality check ( but knowing I'm awake though); so I try to levitate a bit. To my complete astonishment I levitate! Right up to the ceiling. Oh my gosh; I had been certain I was awake! I remember my goals. My last LD I stayed in the house; I thought afterwards how silly that was; and when it was dark and raining in the yard, I just came back inside. Silly. So my goals were: 1) more clarity and detail in light 2) to explore and to find some way to enter another dreamscape.

So, after some fun levitating and floating around, I think to go outside; I briefly worry my little cat will get out; but then think no he's a DC right now too. But as I leave the house I'm careful not to let him out anyway ( "habit", I think to myself, as an excuse for this foolishness, as I go out the door. ) Then the yard. Dark; night still, but I fly out of our yard into neighbor's yards, and up around their second story windows. Still sort of boring. Then I turn around and face the other direction in the air and see a different scene. A sort of town square lined with houses with red doors all around it; there are odd 'drawing-like' colored images as the inhabitants in the windows. Strange. I look up and see the sky above these houses; it's still night, but I see a spiral galaxy that I think I should try to fly to; but I think "I'm not ready for out of space yet" (almost as if I was being offered this opportunity, but declined).

So, I turn and face the other direction again and Yahoo, a whole new dream! Daylight; more detail and clarity than I could ever have wanted. A busy, colorful fair! I start exploring; stalls, food, vendors selling all sorts of wonderful things. I speak to a DC who is selling wares from a push cart. He says some kind and encouraging things to me in an approving way ( but I am so sorry I forget his words now); then I see my husband selling wares from a cart. What! As a DC again! I feel a bit bad about just dropping him last time so this time I tell him I love him as I float away backwards. I look at food stalls and wonder if I should try to eat ( it all looks so good); then I see a stall with interesting and strange things. I pick up a jar that has round things in liquid ( they look like Dragonwell tea - you know how each tea leaf is rolled into a little ball); The vendor tells me they are rosemary. He says watch what they can do; and he takes one out and crushes it onto my fingers. Then he says write your name in the air; so I use my finger and trace out my name in the air; my 'air letters' turn into a colored smoke spelling my name. So pretty; then at the next stall, I'm excited to see all amulets. Oh my goodness; I feel this is important, and I try to contain my excitement because I know I'm at risk of collapsing the dream. I pick one out; it is a glass ring with a spiral on it; but then the vendor says "I have one for you" and starts to pass it to me. My excitement mounts and I struggle with it. I feel the dream collapsing, and I try, in vain, to glimpse the amulet as the dream is falling apart around me, but then I wake up.
So some important progress for me in dream clarity, dream length, and changing to a more interesting dreamscape. I think I've also found some important dream signs, and what works for reality checks, and have also found turning and facing the opposite direction is a good device.
There you go.
Last edited by mia on 02 May 2013 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Intrepid

Re: this morning's LD; I accomplish my goals

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 23:19

It's interesting that you thought to turn around. I've noticed that in LD's I often forget to look behind me and continually move forward. Only after waking do I kick myself for having not even checked my surroundings. I'll have to remember to try that with the expectation to see something completely different!
I'm curious to know how often turning around would reveal something different or just be a continuation of the current scene. Next LD goal for sure ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 28 Apr 2013 23:37

Thank you for your comments. You seem to be a very accomplished Lucid dreamer and I am astounded at how long that one of yours lasted ( your very active psycho/train one). I'm still only working on length and clarity myself.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 23:57

Why thank you! There are several other posters here that are far more experienced than myself.
Length seems to be a tricky thing to describe, as some of my LD's are fast-paced and packed with amazing things, and others seem to go on longer and be more about the subtleties. I do my best to prolong them, but a lot of the time they simply end out of nowhere. I really don't post the majority of them because they'd seem so abstract or short ha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 04:03

Congrats on that. :)

Coincidently last night. I too had a LD of being at a very busy fair. On seeing now you too had a LD of being at one (I didnt plan to have my LD at all there but that is just where I suddenly found myself when I went into a LD.. my dream changed its scene to fair.. which was weird to me as it hasnt spontanously changed on me before in the way last nights LD did). I wondered for a moment if we could of been at the same fair. Who knows.. if we were. we wouldnt know each other.

You didnt happen to see a female on tall stilts there did you.. who if looking at her from behind was showing her arse crack? I keep on thinking..she needs to pull her pants up.

The fair was so busy that when I went to find a DC to chat too (I'd decided to interview a DC).. everyone there seemed in a hurry and was hurrying by and all around me, so I couldnt find a suitable DC. There was far more adults at the fair I was at then children and I ended up accidently loosing the LD before I found a suitable child to speak too.

The turning around thing.. that's something I do whenever I want something new in my LD scenes.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 30 Apr 2013 04:34

taniaaust1 ! Maybe we were at the same fair! 8-) What a thought! I have a big smile on my face. :)

But I didn't see a woman with an arse crack on stilts :shock: ; but the fair WAS really busy ( and mainly adults). I had lots of fun. (I spent most of my time shopping.)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 04:36

mia wrote:taniaaust1 ! Maybe we were at the same fair! 8-) What a thought! I have a big smile on my face. :)

But I didn't see a woman with an arse crack on stilts :shock: ; but the fair WAS really busy ( and mainly adults). I had lots of fun. (I spent most of my time shopping.)

Im envious :) , I lost the LD before I could have any fun. Wish I'd been there longer so we could of compared notes better.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

danielnoor10

Postby danielnoor10 » 10 May 2013 17:23

A fair! That's sounds like fun. You were lucky :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”