Questions about an experience tonight

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Highlander

Questions about an experience tonight

Postby Highlander » 04 May 2013 18:06

I have some questions about something that happened to me tonight.

After waking from a non-lucid dream, close to 5 am, I decide not to move, to see if I go into a lucid dream. I try not to focus on it or throw away other thoughts. I simply let my mind think what it wants.
After a few seconds, i start to feel vibrations and my heart beating faster. I think something will happen but i try not to focus too much on it. What happens, happens.
Gradually, i see an image forming. I see the top of a tree, green leaves move with the wind, vivid colors ... I realize that i'm dreaming.
I have not concentrated on practicing some special technique. I must have made one accidentally. What was this technique i've done?

Another thing is about what happened to me in this dream.
I fell asleep being on my back and my head to the side. On the dream I watch the tree, in the same position i had fallen asleep. I'm hovering beside the tree. I can not move. I know my body is out of the physical body. I focus on moving only in the dream but I can not.
Suddenly, I start to get away from the tree in the same position and i pass through the scenario. I go through a field with trees, then some land, then some warehouses, kinda like an industrial area. After a few seconds I wake up.
Why couldn't i move in the dream? Why was something pulling me away without my control? Could i have done something?

mia

Re: Questions about an experience tonight

Postby mia » 06 May 2013 15:50

Very interesting Highlander. Sounds to me like you were partly lucid and partly in sleep paralysis. I do think the range of 'lucidity' is wide and can be variable.
Do you think there is some aspect of an OBE in here? I don't understand the difference between an OBE and a lucid dream myself ( don't know enough about OBEs).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Intrepid

Re: Questions about an experience tonight

Postby Intrepid » 06 May 2013 16:10

The level of lucidity and your control within the context of the dream is directly related to your expectations. I believe that is why you experienced the disconnects there at the very end. OBE's, in my opinion, are the lucid state in a different context. We often forget to question the nature of the dreamscapes we find ourselves occupying when we attain lucidity. I find this fascinating, as we'll do reality checks to ensure or stabilize our lucidity, but can be simultaneously oblivious to our impossible surroundings!
OBE's seem so profoundly different, at least from the start, because our dreamscapes are the manifestations of our expectations. By that I mean to say that the dreamscape is immediately recognized and familiar when its something so near and dear as our bedrooms or homes. I believe that we enter the lucid state by whatever means, and when we find ourselves in what appears to be such a familiar place, the pattern-seeking parts of our brain go wild and deduce that we MUST actually be there, in some ethereal or spirit form.......in my opinion. Lol

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”