how can you tell if its semi or lucid.?:o

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ThreeStarE

how can you tell if its semi or lucid.?:o

Postby ThreeStarE » 03 Dec 2011 23:12

Okay so as my last post said, I'm preetty sure I've had a semi lucid dream before, though I read something that said when its a real lucid dream it will seem like real life, but if its semi or just a dream it'll be hazy. Is this true.? How can I tell the difference.? Andd how can I fully make it a lucid dream.?
Ps, sorry for a lot of question I'm just a curious 16 year old lookin for answers :) gotta get it right, and master it.
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

rothgar

Re: how can you tell if its semi or lucid.?:o

Postby rothgar » 05 Dec 2011 03:48

Ok im no expert but ive had both kinds. The early semi lucid dreams I knew I was dreaming but it was still like a dream. When I had a fully lucid dream it was like the real me took over the "dream" me and I was really threr. A whole new reality. So it was a huge difference for me. Could not go back to sleep for 3 hours.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 05 Dec 2011 17:28

Thanks .! I feel like I'm finally half way to mastering it, I'm excitedd :D

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Dec 2011 02:47

Hi, I don't know if this helps, but in my own experience I've had what I later will record as a semi lucid dream. When I use the term I mean that during the dream I may not have been aware I was dreaming, but I was aware that something unusual was going on. This differs, for me, from a full on lucid dream, when I know without a doubt I am asleep somewhere and I am really dreaming. In the former, it's sort of kind of a lucid dream, but nooooot quite there. I don't know how to force it into being fully lucid except for with contant vigilance. In my earlier days of lucid dreaming training...when I was trying to have them on purpose (as oppsed to them happening spontaneously) I kept saying to myself over and over again during my regular waking hours "I AM dreaming now". I got that idea from a book I read, can't recall which one. I've read so many.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 07 Dec 2011 06:26

Ahahah thankyou for the help, I just have been having the problem of not being anywhere near lucid the last few days, but I know it doesn't happen everyday x)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Dec 2011 00:21

I just had my second lucid dream and as far as I can see, they are truly indistinguishable from waking reality. Completely real and solid to the touch! Crazy real. Real to the point that you can't believe it isn't. A solid world that is identical to any I have experienced, dream or waking. This was shown to me in several dreams, where I assured people in the dream that I was in waking reality and I could tell the difference. I was shown to be wrong about that.

You will know when you're there. The best advice I can offer is always question whether you are dreaming, make a habit of it. Once I had one I saw it's not so easy to tell. The habit will carry over to your dreams and soon the answer will be Oh yeah, it's a dream! Whether you think you are dreaming or not, believe that the world of waking reality is just as much "in your head" as the dream world. Anyway, that's my opinion. Happy dreaming!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”