Intro Post: Long time lucid dreamer

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Gooeymaw

Intro Post: Long time lucid dreamer

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Dec 2011 02:42

Hello all. I am glad to have found this forum which looks like it's pretty active. I am here hoping to compare notes and also eventually to find other folks who would like to do some mutal dreaming experiments with. I've been dreaming lucidly for a very long time. My first experience was when I was a great deal younger. I was sixteen or so, and didn't know what being aware in a dream was, or that it was indeed "a thing". As far as I knew I was the only person on earth experiencing being aware I was dreaming, but you can forgive me on account of that no one ever talks about dreams and dreaming, not anywhere, at anytime, so how could I have known. I am forty years old now, and have a lot of lucid dreaming recording under my belt, but I have sort of fallen off the wagon, so to speak, and my lucid dreaming has gotten less frequent, and I feel my mind's gotten kind of lazy about it, so over the last half year of so I've been trying really hard to get back into the groove, hence my participation here, and in other dream related spots on the internets.

I don't know anyone personally face to face who shares the same interest in dreams, which means I have no one to mutally dream with, or really any kind of dream discussion at all, so I really rely on sites like this to keep me informed and up to date.

I really hope to get to know some of you well over time.

Peter

Re: Intro Post: Long time lucid dreamer

Postby Peter » 07 Dec 2011 07:51

welcome and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 02:04

Hello, Peter, I couldn't help but notice the drawing to the side of your reply. It's quite interesting to me especially it being on a dream related forum, as I had drawn quite a remarkably similiar picture of a sort of winding tunnel with mutli-colored sqaures from a dream I had (circa 1991), although in my drawing it was a view from the inside. I can't find it at the momment or I would share it with you. Is it, in fact, a spectacle you encountered in a dream?

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Dec 2011 03:11

Thanks, its an attempt to capture the dreams forming from Hypnogogic images in a WILD. So its part dream entry, images forming and I have had twice the experiance of being swept away in a tunnel of light.

Its so hard to get anything that even gets close to the dream images in their raw form but I am happy to try as I find it relaxing and have about 10 pen drawings so far (some are very rough)

I find a lot of the time I enter into a void and it is full of geometric images and they will form up into pannels as you describe and them I will pop into a dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”