Impossible Escape?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Impossible Escape?

Postby Nocturnal » 21 Dec 2011 04:34

I had a dream last night where a character came up to me and told me "This must be a dream." Consciously recognizing the setting as a common dream setting (and real life setting), I tried MANY RC's. I pushed my fingers into my palm - nothing. I pinched my nose shut - nothing. I looked at my hands carefully. I basically tried many things (and I realize I should have retraced my past) to induce a LD, but nothing worked, even though he, and I, insisted that this was, in fact, a dream.

Are there just some dreams you cannot become lucid in?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Impossible Escape?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Dec 2011 05:06

I had a dream character tell me I was dreaming and ignored him, even told him he was wrong. Mistake! I think that character was you telling yourself you were dreaming. For me, a big part of becoming lucid is to actually accept the fact that I am dreaming. Your dream will not force you to do that.

Personally, I don't trust RCs, my dreams are too real and they aren't reliable, sounds like yours are similar. But think about it, how many times has someone in waking life told you that you were dreaming? I'm trying to learn to listen to people in my dreams (me), so far they seem more reliable than physical things. I also try to program myself before I go to sleep repeating, "From now on, if you find yourself anywhere except lying in bed, you are in a dream, and don't believe otherwise!"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 21 Dec 2011 05:53

Thanks for the quick response! I think that is very interesting. But the weird thing is that I recognized that I was in a dream, but was not able to become lucid for some reason.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 03 Jan 2012 19:55

Ok, I just had a similar dream. There were two teams and there were guns involved, I think from a video game. These type of dreams are not common for me, but they happen every so often and I would like to conquer them.

Its very difficult when you feel that your life is in danger. Any thoughts on realizing its a dream?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”