Lucid dream or not?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
SarahMuffin

Lucid dream or not?

Postby SarahMuffin » 12 Jan 2012 02:14

Im not sure if this was a lucid dream of not considering I have never had one before and it felt like I was practically awake when it was happening.

I know there was a bit more to this dream than what I remember, which is frustrating, but oh well.

From what I remember this was at a family gathering and I was looking at the same setting for a while. It was a big white cake with purple frosting. There was a chair facing the opposite way of the table which had the cake on it. In the chair was my brother. He was facing away from the spot I was viewing things at. On the chair there was a purse. It was purple and had a glossy finish on it. After a bit I felt a shocking feeling (kind of like someone came up from behind me and scared me). Then I had this feeling like I was awake (Like when you are right about to fall asleep). I could think and my dream was still going on. I have never had this happen before so it was a bit odd. Suddenly my dream started changing. Everything vanished besides the cake and it took over my dream. (this part is kind of hard to explain) I felt like I was on top of the cake. It was moving very fast and it was almost like I was flying over it. If i thought left, i would go left. If i thought right, I went right. That is all I could do. The longer I was going the more blurry the dream got. I tried to think of making the dream more vivid, so I could stay in my dream longer, but nothing I tried worked. I realised I barely remembered the dream so I thought I should wake up so I could write it down. So I thought "stop" and "wake up". I did and it was 2 in the morning, I quickly jotted it down.

Now... why couldn't I control it besides going left and right? Was I just thinking or is that how we "speak" in a lucid dream. How do I make the dreams last longer?

Thanks for any and all help :3

Chronos

Re: Lucid dream or not?

Postby Chronos » 12 Jan 2012 02:51

Yes it is a lucid dream. Given time you will be able to do more than control spinning. Waking yourself up was also dream control.
How did you become aware? Reality check or it just happened?
ARE YOU DREAMING?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2012 03:10

SarahMuffin wrote: I could think and my dream was still going on

SarahMuffin wrote:If i thought left, i would go left. If i thought right, I went right.

That sounds like a basic lucid dream.

However, it wasn't vivid. But LUCID and VIVID are two different things.

I've had some great, vivid dreams, in which I wasn't aware I was dreaming. And I have had some lucid dreams, when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am dreaming, but am stuck in a dark hallway only able to open doors that lead nowhere. Not very vivid, but lucid.

So I would say it is somewhat lucid, and I hope you have more, because we all learn from experience.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2012 03:21

2 more things:

1. Good dream recall, remembering the color and glossy finish on the purse. Details like that are important because they are so easily forgotten. Might not mean anything, but write it down anyway.

2. At the end, you said, "stop", "wake-up". Next time, just stay there. You know you can wake up if you want, but stay a little longer. However, you said you never had one before, so maybe it was better to write it down, so it sticks with you. And it is very common to get excited and wake up, but that's all part of the learning process.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahMuffin

Postby SarahMuffin » 12 Jan 2012 16:58

It was not a reality check. It was something about the purse. I was watching it mainly which I guess is why I remember it the most. While I was looking at it, I was just struck with this feeling like I was dreaming. Like I said the dream was kind of blurry and I'm pretty sure I am not recalling the whole occasion.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”