My first taste of lucidity was an incredible experience. Yet the dream itself collapsed after about 30 seconds. I woke up stunned... elated... and kicking myself I didn't make it last longer:
"I'm standing in an empty white room, completely bare like a new house. The lack of detail makes me wonder... What is this place? Suddenly I realize, this is a dream!
The room surges into focus. I become fully conscious of my body and my surroundings. I do my reality check and feel my fingers push right through the palm of my hand.
I am so excited, I run out the door looking for someone to tell. I find a woman who I don't recognize and shout in her face. "I'M DREAMING! I'M DREAMING!"
I'm so excited, I accidentally wake myself up."
I made the rookie mistake of getting excited and running around in the virtual dreamscape, telling a complete stranger that I was lucid dreaming.
I got completely caught up in the emotion and squandered the opportunity. This is all too common in beginners. But there is a simple way to avoid it happening to you. With this approach you will be able to:
Here's exactly what to do when you next realize you're dreaming:
1. Stay calm. Don't run around telling everyone you're dreaming. Get a grip on what's happening and calmly observe your environment for a few moments.
2. Rubs your hands together. The movement stimulates the conscious brain and keeps you focused on your dream body.
3. Look at your hands. Focus on your hands close-up and notice the finer details which aren't normally present in a dream. This produces greater self awareness.
4. Do a reality check. Push your hand into a solid object and expect it to go through, while asking "Am I dreaming?" This cements your awareness in the dream.
5. Demand "Clarity now!" Tell your dream you want more clarity and your dreaming self will respond instantly by creating a more vivid environment.
These stabilization tips work best for me personally. There are others which may work even better for you - like spinning around or falling backwards. Find out more of these tried-and-tested dream control hacks in my Lucid Dreaming Fast Track.
These tutorials are just a taster, so you can see what's involved. I have a lot more in-depth advice to share with you. So when you're ready to jump in with both feet, I recommend you sign up to my complete home study course, the Lucid Dreaming Fast Track.
This interactive course offers 30 detailed tutorials to help you induce lucid dreams and unlock powerful skills in dream control. You won't regret learning this amazing skill - and I offer a 100% refund guarantee if you don't start lucid dreaming out of it.
If you stumbled onto this tutorial by accident, you may like to subscribe to my free e-course, 10 Steps to Lucid Dreams. Through these basic tutorials I'll show you how it's possible to develop a lucid night life and use it to improve your waking world too. More than 30,000 people have already subscribed - just enter your email below to join our community.