88 Calming Inner Peace Quotes
Here are 88 quotes about inner peace to help you on your journey to balance and equilibrium.
Ultimately, everyone is searching for inner peace.
As humans we have an innate desire for it… you could even say it's the true goal of enlightenment!
But the journey there is not an easy one.
You'll need all the tools you can find to help you on your way!
Actually, I'd say lucid dreaming is one of the coolest things you could try to help get you there.
But apart from that... this list of inner peace quotes will help keep you alive, inspired, and motivated to conquer your dreams.
- "Success isn't measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace." - Mike Ditka
- "We are all on a journey to mastering our inner peace." - Raheem DeVaughn
- "The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence." - Norman Vincent Peale
- "Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." - Saint Francis de Sales
- "My faith helps me understand that circumstances don't dictate my happiness, my inner peace." - Denzel Washington
- "For me, it is essential to have the inner peace and serenity of prayer in order to listen to the silence of God, which speaks to us, in our personal life and the history of our times, of the power of love." - Adolfo Perez Esquivel
- "Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to inner love; it will transform you, it will divinize you, it will immortalize you." - Sri Chinmoy
- "Chaotic people often have chaotic lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have an inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that." - Imelda Staunton
- "I just want to find some inner peace, and I think I'm getting there, slowly but surely." - Toni Collette
- "I feel like I play better when I'm calm. There is an inner peace I can tap into sometimes during my matches." - Naomi Osaka
- "In this life, we are in a constant search for inner peace. We long for it in all aspects of our lives, both personally and professionally. The truth is that we cannot have inner peace without balance. It seems that having too much or too little of anything completely throws off our balance, therefore limiting our inner peace." - Raheem DeVaughn
- "While the lab plays an enormous role, research is also influenced by inner peace of mind and one's family environment, depending on what stage of one's life and career a scientist is at." - Peter Agre
- "Being an entertainer, my path to inner peace is engulfed in the music that I create. While it is therapeutic for those who hear it, it is equally therapeutic for me to create." - Raheem DeVaughn
- "Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions." - Gerald Jampolsky
Struggle and suffering is the nature of life!
But despite this – if you truly put your mind to it - you can find inner peace anywhere, anytime, and in any situation.
Don't forget this!
And don't be afraid to lean on the shoulders of giants like these folks below who have travelled before you.
- "I get those fleeting, beautiful moments of inner peace and stillness - and then the other 23 hours and 45 minutes of the day, I'm a human trying to make it through in this world." - Ellen DeGeneres
- "The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one's life." - Peace Pilgrim
- "You're as sick as your secrets, and my whole life was a secret, so it's just... it's been really healing, and I've found a lot of inner peace by just owning everything and moving forward from there." - Molly Bloom
- "As we all know, there is inner beauty and outer beauty. If we examine inner beauty, to me there is nothing more beautiful than inner peace, in a man or a woman." - Alice Greczyn
- "Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace." - Mike Ditka
- "You do indeed have a past, but not now! And, yes, you have a future, but not now! You can consume your now with thoughts of 'then' and 'maybe,' but that will keep you from the inner peace you could experience." - Wayne Dyer
- "To attain inner peace you must actually give your life, not just your possessions. When you at last give your life - bringing into alignment your beliefs and the way you live then, and only then, can you begin to find inner peace." - Peace Pilgrim
- "Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
- "The Dalai Lama. He is a very wise man of great inner peace who believes that happiness is the purpose of our lives. Through his teachings and leadership, he continues to make this world a better place in which to live." - Sidney Sheldon
- "If anything interferes with my inner peace, I will walk away. Arguments with family members. All that stuff. None of it matters." - Shirley MacLaine
- "There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace?" - Peace Pilgrim
- "If there's no inner peace, people can't give it to you. The husband can't give it to you. Your children can't give it to you. You have to give it to you." - Linda Evans
- "I have inner peace; I have accomplished a great deal." - Neil Sedaka
- "It's well known I'm a Scientologist, and that has helped me to find that inner peace in my life and it's something that has given me great stability and tools that I use." - Tom Cruise
- "I consider Ahmedabad lucky for me in many ways, as the city gives me inner peace." - Sangram Singh
Sometimes life can knock down your ambitions and destroy everything you have. But if you're truly at peace internally, you'll be able to see the beauty in this experience and withstand it unphased.
Just imagine the man whose house was burned to the ground, but shed not one tear, nor said one bad word. He just stooped to pick up his tools and enjoy the work of re-building everything he had from scratch.
- "Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama
- "When things change inside you, things change around you." - Unknown
- "Nobody can bring you peace but yourself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral loose, and free-floating — these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything." - Wayne W. Dyer
- "Sometimes you can find peace of mind by transferring yourself to different situations. They're just reminders to stay ... calm." - Yves Behar
- "Don't search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own." - Baba Hari Das
- "You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory." - J. Donald Walters
- "Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day." - Bernie Siegel
- "You'll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart." - George Michael
- "Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be." - Wayne W. Dyer
- "You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level." - Eckhart Tolle
- "Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an is, it is a becoming." - Haile Selassie
- "Peace is liberty in tranquility." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else." - Marvin Gaye
- "We don't realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace." - Elizabeth Gilbert
Many people are unable to find peace even though they have been searching for it for years. Perhaps because they search for it externally, and not within themselves. Material things will not guide you through the struggle of life. Face your problems directly and with courage. This is the only authentic way to acquire true serenity.
- "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." - Buddha
- "Surrender to what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be." - Sonia Ricotti
- "Expectation is the root of all heartache." - William Shakespeare
- "When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge." - Gerald Jampolsky
- "Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace." - Zen Gatha
- "Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions." - Pema Chodron
- "If you want peace, stop fighting. If you want peace of mind, stop fighting with your thoughts." - Peter McWilliams
- "Just slow down. Slow down your speech. Slow down your breathing. Slow down your walking. Slow down your eating. And let this slower, steadier pace perfume your mind. Just slow down." - Doko
- "Freedom from desire leads to inner peace." - Lao Tse
- "But the self-controlled man, moving among objects, with his senses under restraint, and free from both attraction and repulsion, attains peace." - Chinmayananda Saraswati
- "If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having." - Henry Miller
- "Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace." - Remez Sasson
- "Ego says – Once everything falls into place, I'll feel inner peace. Spirit says – Find your inner peace and then everything will fall into place." - Marianne Williamson
- "Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind." - Buddha
- "When we understand clearly that inner peace is the real source of happiness, and how, through spiritual practice, we can experience progressively deeper levels of inner peace, we will develop tremendous enthusiasm to practice." - Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Your mind is a powerful weapon against the harsh odds of life. In fact, no obstacle is strong enough stop it. If you're at peace with yourself, that is. Do not doubt the immense fortitude that internal equilibrium will bestow on your life.
- "Remember the entrance to the sanctuary is inside you." - Rumi
- "There will be calmness, tranquility, when one is free from external objects and is not perturbed." - Bruce Lee
- "The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want, you already are." - Rumi
- "Inner peace doesn't come from getting what we want, but from remembering who we are." - Marianne Williamson
- "Ignore those that make you fearful and sad." - Rumi
- "When you let go of who you are, you become who you might be." - Rumi
- "My heart forgives and releases. Inner peace is my goal." - Louise Hay
- "Outward peace is useless without inner peace." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Happiness. Contentment. Inner peace. Have you ever gone looking for something, only to realize you had it with you the whole time?" - Anonymous
- "Your inner peace is the greatest and most valuable treasure that you can discover." - Akin Olokun
- "Respect yourself enough to say – I deserve inner peace – and walk away from people and things that prevent you from attaining it." - Jerico Silvers
- "Accept what is. Heal and achieve inner peace." - Sonia Ricotti
- "Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace." - Robert J. Sawyer
- "No price is too great to pay for inner peace." - Sri Chinmoy
- "Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible." - Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Letting go of things that are hurting you is one of the most difficult tasks. There are many things that may be stopping you from progressing toward an inner state of peace. Your daily routine could be poisoning your tranquility. It could be your job, a toxic relationship, or a dream you gave up on long ago.
Never compromise on your hopes. Work hard to live the life you wish for. That's where inner calm and stillness resides.
- "Inner peace is priceless as it sprinkles everything you do with joy." - Roz Fruchtman
- "All the things that truly matter, beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace arise from beyond the mind." - Eckhart Tolle
- "Inner peace can be seen as the ultimate benefit of practicing patience." Allan Lokos
- "For me, success is inner peace." - Denzel Washington
- "A compassionate state of mind brings inner peace, and therefore a healthier body." - Dalai Lama
- "True and lasting inner peace can never be found in external things. It can only be found within. And then, once we find and nurture it with ourselves, it radiates outward." - Buddha
- "The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore." – Rumi
- "The measure of wisdom is how calm you are when facing any given situation." - Naval Ravikant
- "A rational person can find peace by cultivating indifference to things outside of their control." - Naval Ravikant
- "Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them." - Epictetus
- "Anyone who enjoys inner peace is no more broken by failure than he is inflated by success." - Matthieu Ricard
- "Inner peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff." - Remez Sasson
- "Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace." - Richard Branson
- "Stress is a choice. So is inner peace." - Lewis Howes