Sirley Marques Bonham is a physicist by education but has a passion for the study of consciousness - making her a neuroscientist at heart. She kindly donated the following scientific article on Consciousness and Hypnagogia, containing a rich source of information on various sleep phenomena.
The article is fairly long so I have broken it down into sections. It is well worth dipping in to the parts that interest you the most - from lucid dreaming, to OBEs, to sleep paralysis - Sirley has collected valuable data and insights on all these altered states in relation to human consciousness.
- Remote Viewing
- Biofeedback, Neuro-Feedback, and Alpha-Theta Training
- The Effects of Hallucinogenic Substances
- Hypnotic Reveries
- More About Trance
- The Issue of Awareness
- Hypnagogia: At the Threshold of Sleep and Awakening
- Learning to have Out-of-Body Experiences
- What to observe?
- We are Able to Attract Hypnagogia!
- Distorted or Changing Perceived Imagery of Hypnagogia
- Brain Correlates
- Possible problems: Difficulties with Hypnagogia
- Hypnagogia & Sleep Paralysis
- What to do to get out of a Problematic Hypnagogia
- Phenomena: There may be overwhelming surprises! What are they?
- Do Phenomena Equal Energy-Like Events?
- Problems with 'Energetic' Events
- What To Do
- Developing the Mind
- List of Methodologies
- The Problem of Seeding of The Unconscious
- Unusual Outcomes of Intense Learning
- Learning and The State of Trance
- Putting it all together: Mind Situations
- Reviewing the Basic Information on the Unconscious
- More on the 'Super-Conscious' Part of the Unconscious Mind
- Wisdom and Synchronicity
- A Two-Way Interaction with our Unconscious
- Reviewing The Process
- It is Important to Make it a Habit!
- The Format of The Messages From The Unconscious
About The Author
Rebecca Turner is the founder and editor of World of Lucid Dreaming, where she offers valuable first-hand advice and tutorials. Learn more about her here and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and her Lucid Dreaming Forum.
Receive Free Lucid Dreaming Tutorials
I'll show you how to develop an exhilarating lucid night life and use it to improve your waking world too.
Includes my Lucid Dreaming Insights newsletter. 25,000+ people have already subscribed.