Sirley Marques Bonham is a physicist by education but has a passion for the study of consciousness - making her a neuroscientist at heart. She kindly donated the following scientific article on Consciousness and Hypnagogia, containing a rich source of information on various sleep phenomena.
The article is fairly long so I have broken it down into sections. It is well worth dipping in to the parts that interest you the most - from lucid dreaming, to OBEs, to sleep paralysis - Sirley has collected valuable data and insights on all these altered states in relation to human consciousness.
- Remote Viewing
- Biofeedback, Neuro-Feedback, and Alpha-Theta Training
- The Effects of Hallucinogenic Substances
- Hypnotic Reveries
- More About Trance
- The Issue of Awareness
- Hypnagogia: At the Threshold of Sleep and Awakening
- Learning to have Out-of-Body Experiences
- What to observe?
- We are Able to Attract Hypnagogia!
- Distorted or Changing Perceived Imagery of Hypnagogia
- Brain Correlates
- Possible problems: Difficulties with Hypnagogia
- Hypnagogia & Sleep Paralysis
- What to do to get out of a Problematic Hypnagogia
- Phenomena: There may be overwhelming surprises! What are they?
- Do Phenomena Equal Energy-Like Events?
- Problems with 'Energetic' Events
- What To Do
- Developing the Mind
- List of Methodologies
- The Problem of Seeding of The Unconscious
- Unusual Outcomes of Intense Learning
- Learning and The State of Trance
- Putting it all together: Mind Situations
- Reviewing the Basic Information on the Unconscious
- More on the 'Super-Conscious' Part of the Unconscious Mind
- Wisdom and Synchronicity
- A Two-Way Interaction with our Unconscious
- Reviewing The Process
- It is Important to Make it a Habit!
- The Format of The Messages From The Unconscious
Free e-Course and Lucid Dreaming Insights
Everyone is capable of learning this highly rewarding skill. In fact, you may only be a nudge away from it right now. Kick-start your lucid dream life with my free e-course and monthly(ish) newsletter, Lucid Dreaming Insights. Just enter your email below.