101 Ideas for Lucid Dreams
Stop humping unwitting dream characters and go on a REAL adventure. This is my first list of 101 lucid dream ideas. There may be more to follow.
Planting these dream seeds will help cement your lucidity and give your lucid dreams more meaningful direction. It's win-win.
Next time you're lucid, think hard to recall a meaningful lucid dream intention. Don't just romp around looking for sex. You'll probably wake up prematuarely anyway, because without lucid goals you tend to lose yourself and forget you're dreaming.
There is much more fun to be had in lucid dreams I'm going to suggest a few ideas to you now.
Recite your chosen goal in your mind before sleep. When lucid, repeat the phrase often "I'm dreaming." These two simple tricks combined can have a considerable impact on your dream life.
101 Ideas for Lucid Dreams
- Fly up to cloud level and observe the world below. This is the land of your unconscious mind - what is it like? Is it peaceful, surreal, overpopulated?
- Dive underwater and breathe normally without oxygen. Think of the water as being like air; it's ok to fill your lungs with it.
- Run super fast through fields and towns until you reach the sea.
- Pass through a mirror portal and emerge in
a different dimension. Is this Earth II? What's different? What can you learn from this place?
- Go to a restaurant and eat the most
extravagant thing on the menu. The flavors and texture of lucid dream food are fantastic.
LD Tip: Stabilize Your Lucidity
If your lucid dream starts to fade, quickly rub your hands together while saying out loud "This is all a dream!"
- Stand in your back yard and look
up at the night sky. Draw an infinity sign in the air and announce: "To infinity - and beyond!" Wait and see what happens ;)
- Morph yourself into an atom and explore the quantum world. The rules are totally different here. What bizarre new energies can you experience?
- Ask the dream to show you bullet-time and warp The Matrix like Neo. In this virtual world, you are in command of the laws of physics.
- Identify a dream psychiatrist and talk about your problems or life goals. Your unconscious mind is the best counselor in the world.
- Shout out to the dream: "Show me something brilliant!” If nothing happens at first, just wait, or ask again with more conviction. The dream itself will respond.
- Travel back in time and see how the pyramids of Egypt were built.
- Soar over great mountains and valleys like an eagle. Feel the breeze against your skin, and taste the ultimate freedom of unlimited flight.
- Take a journey to the centre of the Earth and explore what lies within. Remember this is fantasy land. Science goes out the window...
- Obtain super powers like The X-Men. Bend metal with your mind, read other people's thoughts and teleport anywhere instantly.
- Meet up with famous faces - it can be a Hollywood celebrity or academic idol. What's it like being them? Could you trade places for a day?
- Perform real magic in front of a live audience. Real life stage performers can use the opportunity to practice their routine in a realistic environment.
- Fly over New York City at night. When you're done, select a window at random and float right in - who's inside? What are they doing?
- Bungee jump off of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Ask your dream "What are this week's winning lottery numbers?" (If anyone ever pulls this off, you deserve a Nobel Prize. Worth experimenting?)
- Travel backwards in time and meet yourself as a child. What are their dreams and goals? What do they love most about life?
LD Tip: Manifestiation
To manifest specific objects, people or scenery, just turn away and visualize your desire magically appearing behind you. When you look, your expectation will have come to life.
- Travel forwards in time and meet yourself in 10, 20 or 30 years. What's changed? What wisdom does your senior self have to offer you?
- Induce an out of body experience and
explore the world as a ghost-like entity. What's it like to observe dream figures who don't know you're there?
- Take your brand new Ferrari out for a spin.
- Run at super speed through the desert, bouncing and rolling over towering sand dunes, knowing that nothing can cause you harm.
- Teleport around the world instantly like Jumper by closing
your eyes and spinning. (Hint: keep your eyes open just a little if you're like me and closing your eyes completely usually causes you to wake up.)
- Walk through walls and observe the interior
as you pass through. How does it feel to push your physical body through solid objects?
- Fly up into the night sky and keep going till you reach the moon. Feel a wonderful sense of cosmic peace as you distance yourself from planet Earth.
- Float in space and allow your physical body to dissolve before entering hyperspace. Travel beyond the known edge of the universe.
- Visit an alien planet and seek out intelligent beings. How different is their reality? What wisdom do they have to offer you?
- Shape shift into a shark and explore a tropical coral reef. How are your senses heightened or different from normal?
LD Tip: Dream in Focus
If your lucid dream appears fuzzy, then you're only semi-lucid. Increase your level of dream consciousness by saying out loud "I'm dreaming!" and demand for "Clarity now!"
- Go to a tranquil garden and meet up with spirit guides, angels or deities. Ask them if they have anything important they want to tell you.
- Paint a beautiful sunset by breathing
color into the atmosphere, or swiping your hand across the sky. This is your own original dream art.
- Swap perspectives with your dog and
experience the life of Fido.
- Become the billionaire owner of your own fully-staffed
tropical island. Marvel at your own private beach, heated pools and banquet-style meals.
- Ride a superbike around a rollercoaster
- Gallop on a white stallion through
the breathtaking scenery of Middle Earth.
- Compete and win in the Olympic games. Real life athletes can practice their skills in a mighty stadium, improving muscle memory when they wake.
- Grow your cat into a friendly
Siberian tiger who follows you everywhere.
- Fly through a canyon,
powered by a jet pack, chasing an enemy spy plane.
- Win a Golden Ticket and take the tour of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Taste the guilt-free delights of your own personal candy land.
LD Tip: Mastering Flight
To gain confidence in flying, try long bounces across the landscape first. Then say out loud "I can fly!" Make use of a flying aid (jet pack, dragon, giant wings) as a boost.
- Leap and bound over skyscraper rooftops on a dazzling sunny day.
- Be a genius contestant on your favorite TV game show.
- Direct the construction of your own private palace, installing state-of-the-art gadgetry and luxurious furnishings.
- Walk down the street in an Iron Man armored suit, destroying enemy targets, saving civilians and taking to the skies when you're done.
- Ask the dream to help you see music as you hear it. What form does it take? Is it fluid? Does it float? Can you touch the notes?
- Transform into a giant lizard, Godzilla-style, and move through the city - aka your new adventure playground.
- Become invisible and play tricks on your friends. Look at your reflection in the mirror. What do you see?
- Become the world’s greatest rock singer and play a concert at Madison Square Gardens. Be your favorite artist or make it up as you go.
- Gain the ability to telepathically talk to all people and animals.
- Make the world's best hamburger and savour the delicious flavors of beef, cheese, bacon, gherkin, mayo, lettuce, tomato, BBQ sauce...
LD Tip: What is Pain?
If you expect to feel pain on landing from a great height then that will be your experience. Instead, focus on landing comfortably into the soft ground.
- Tell your dream that peaceful intelligent aliens have made first contact with Earth, and
you would like to be the first to meet them.
- Your 15th-century ancestor has just woken up from cryogenic sleep! Be their guide to the modern world and all its technology.
- Now you awaken from cryogenic sleep. In the year 2500! Your descendant introduces you to the new world...
- Spend a day as a guest of The Simpsons. Dream in full cartoon!
- Invite other dream characters to take part in your lucid fantasies.
- Be the heroic defender of a group of survivors in the great zombie apocalypse.
- Morph into a house fly and experience the world from its perspective. Jeff Goldblum's been there.
- Point your finger like a magic wand to create and destroy objects in your dreamscape. What's the largest single object you can influence?
- Go hang-gliding over Isla Nublar, the mysterious fictional island from Jurassic Park. Observe the dinosaurs!
- Go back in time and observe the life of Jesus. Was he real?
LD Tip: Dream Characters
Lucid dream characters can represent different parts of your unconscious self. Treat them with respect and ask for their mutual input in your lucid dream adventures.
- Practice your public speaking
abilities in front of a packed
- Experience your favourite movie first-hand,
playing the central character and
allowing the plot to change course
naturally for an alternate
- Become a master ninja, gliding silently among rooftops to spy on an enemy agent. You are swift and agile... and can defy the laws of physics.
- Drive a super-powered battle tank down the freeway.
- Ride on the back of a friendly Diplodocus, Flintstones-style.
- Practice parkour across rooftops and revel in the freedom of movement.
- Morph into a majestic silver gibbon, swinging through the treetops with ease and grace.
- Gravity does not affect you. Casually walk up your bedroom wall and onto the ceiling, then wake up your partner to see their reaction.
- You are a world champion fighter. Step in the Octagon and unleash hell on your mortal enemy (or anyone else who happens to deserve it).
- Take a flight of fancy on your futuristic hoverboard - which travels across land, sea, air... and even uphill. Marty McFly would be proud.
- Possess the mind of other dream characters, in the style of Being John Malkovich. How do you appear from their perspective?
LD Tip: Create Music You Can See
Dreams are a source of boundless creativity. Allow the dream to express itself musically, cross-creating sound and vision for a whole new synasthetic experience.
- Create music by hopping along the horizon, forming each new sound as you make contact with the ground.
- Drink a love potion that makes
you the most attractive person in the dreamworld. How do other dream characters see you?
- Play a relaxing round of golf with
Tiger Woods on the world’s most
exotic and adventurous golf course.
- Win $100 million on the lottery and go on a spending spree. (What do you still yearn for now that you have it all?)
- Play the role of a powerful psychic detective, employed by the Miami Police Department to solve murders.
- Visit a dream art gallery, displaying vast collections of your own future artwork. Memorize the details and bring them back to waking reality.
- Discover your telekinetic power to shape and manipulate water. Create magnificent water sculptures or invent elaborate water sports.
- Jump high into the air, allow yourself to fall, and feel a wonderful burst of endorphins when you land perfectly the ground.
- Uh-oh... You are captured by advanced aliens and placed in a universal zoo on a distant planet. Escape!
- Ask other dream characters questions that are playing on your mind. Is it time for a career change? What should you name your unborn child?
- Summon up a wise dream character and ask them "What is reality?" Keep asking for clarification until you get an
answer that blows your mind.
LD Tip: Go Passive
If you find it hard to control your dream, take a back seat. You can still enjoy heightened lucidity while allowing your dreaming unconscious to create a mystery plot.
- Develop your powers of lucid dream telekinesis with increasingly bigger objects, starting with a pen and building up to an elephant.
- Play first-person video games like Just Cause and Left 4 Dead to experience them more vividly than ever before.
- Become a galactic overlord! Create your own solar system and populate the planets with complex civilizations.
- Create a swarm of nanobots and marvel at their coordinated movements, as you control their collective goals.
- Practice your favorite sports and reinforce your automatic procedural memory for each set of muscle movements.
- Take on the viewpoint of a white blood cell, moving through your body as you fight an incoming infection.
- Manifest superhero powers and travel at super speeds round the planet, diving into
deep oceans and flying to the top of mountains.
LD Tip: Wise Up
Accept wisdom and inspiration from all sources. Whether it comes from a pan-dimensional being, your future self, or your pet dog, any dream advice can have meaning.
- Slide through a portal to another dimension and explore parallel worlds. Ask the dream to guide you to a particular type.
- Experiment with dream healing. Focus on the part of your mind or body that you want to fix. Experience that improvement in the dream world. Does it translate at all to waking life?
- Ask the dream to send forward a representative of your inner self. Ask them if they have anything to tell you, or pose burning life questions.
- Confront nightmare figures directly and ask them what they want, or how you can help them. Approach them with compassion.
- Address the underlying cause of irrational fears. Make a pact with your unconscious that you will no longer suffer them in waking life.
- Look through a wormhole and observe the amazing evolution of the Earth over the last 4 billion years. What happens next?
- Create every detail of your ultimate happy place; a positive environment where you can go at any time, during
waking life, lucid dreams and meditation.
- Find a quiet place in nature and meditate inside your dream. Focus your thoughts on this: "What's beyond the lucid dream world?"
- Ask your unconscious dreaming mind to help you recognize the dream state more often, so you may interact more frequently.
- Dissolve the dream state (a task found in dream yoga) and experience the purest form of consciousness without distraction.
- Allow the dream to take you on an adventure, without attempting to control any aspect of it whatsoever. Simply remain lucid and open.
- Ask your dream out loud: "Why am I here?" Then wait...
Many of my 101 ideas for lucid dreams involve explicit dream control and manipulation. Remember that there are many more unpredictable dream worlds open to you when you take a back seat and relinquish control. They can be just as thrilling, and sometimes deeply profound. Let your dreaming mind express itself too...
Ready to Begin?
Start learning lucid dreaming today with my home study course, developed over thousands of hours of lucidity practice. Inside are 30 step-by-step tutorials, meditation audios and interactive quizzes to teach you how to experience all of these dream goals and more.
Get a taste - sign up for free
Get access to the hit e-course, 10 Steps to Lucid Dreams, plus email updates when new web content is released. Unsubscribe at any time. 30,000+ people are already on board.